New Rheumy Appt, Lyrica, Reactive Arthritis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starmom, May 12, 2006.

1. starmom

starmom New Member

I had my appt with the new rheumy. While he is a bit strange, he seemed very knowledgeable and was very kind. We talked, he said that if I have been sick for over 20 years I clearly know what I have. He doesn't think he needs to start from scratch and "find" a new diagnosis.

I like that. He did say that there is a good chance that I have fibro AND another problem. Maybe one of the types of Reactive Arthritis??

Anyone know what those are? They may be linked to the HLA-B27 gene, which I have.

He wrote prescriptions for more lortab and soma, and gave me a trial certificate for Lyrica. Same strength lortab, but more of them. More of the Soma too.

He was so very gentle. The joint exam hurt, but I could tell he was trying to be careful. He has some sort of disorder of his own, weakness on half of his face and body. But he was SO kind and gentle.

He actually READ the 4 page summary of who I am and what is wrong and history. He didn't ask for it, but he read it and discussed it with me. He had every detail of it!!

Anyway, I will try the Lyrica on Sunday. I will fill it tomorrow, but my hubby will be out of town and I will be alone with my little one. So I will wait to take it.

I hope this guy helps, and that someone knows what reactive arthritis is!

Susie
  2. starmom

starmom New Member

3. starmom

starmom New Member

Bump I did it again.....