NEW SSDI TRIAL TEST HEARING NOW

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BUTCH71, Mar 20, 2003.

1. BUTCH71

BUTCH71 New Member

I got the very anticipated ssdi 1st denial letter today.
    I was surprised to read that my case is in a test phase and
    within 60 days I can apply for AN hearing before an ALJUDGE
    I dont know if im fortuante or not.I heard if the system was
    the old way, I would fill out the papers again and input
    the same info, with updated medical findings etc.Does
    anyone know when I appeal to see the judge, Do they send me papers again to fill out about dr.s etc ? Also, think im gonna wait almost till the deadline of 60 days before I appeal it.I was injured 6 mths ago and am seeing another dr the past mth, who's treating my constant pain, like a dr should.If I dont progress, and am still in excessive pain
    I will appeal.BTW anyone get this new trial hearing letter recently ? With this new process the reconsideration is now with the aljudge, prior to the change the judge was the 3rd step I believe......
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2003]
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

That sounds like a blessing to me, don't have to wait as long as most to get in with the judge. That is new to me, wish mine was like that, I am having to go through the entire process and waiting two weeks to get in with a lawyer, take it as a blessing till it proves otherwise and hopefully it wont.
    Hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

You shouldn't receive the same papers no. However don't wait until close to your 60 days, just do it now and find yourself an Attorney to represent you for the hearing. If you are better by the time this comes around great but if not, you will be chomping at the bit for waiting so long to file. I think this is great that you were able to skip a step in the process.
    Best of luck to you.
    Joannie
  4. BUTCH71

BUTCH71 New Member

Thanks for the replies...My thinking is this, and feel free to comment PLS.If I reply to fast for the hearing, They may accomodate me in 2 to 3 mths. That would mean, I would only have approx 8 or 9 mths since my injury occurred.I feel if
    I see the judge with more dr. records and Im still in excessive pain lower back/hip and right leg HURT BAD.I am on
    the duragesic pain patch and oxycontin pills.This helps,
    But Im certainly not pain free and am hoping for an increase in dosage.Anyway, I believe if I see the aljudge closer to the 1 yr period, and am still in bad shape, I may
    have an advantage with more time, opposed to filing quickly
    and the aljudge seeing me 8 mths into my injury.....
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Butch what does your Doctor think? What have they said what you did to your back and such? I am curious because if it is something they feel will be at least one year of recovery or more then you have grounds for proceeding in the case. So, let me know and I will try to help a bit more okay.
    Love,
    Joannie
  6. BUTCH71

BUTCH71 New Member

MY DR HASN'T REALLY SAID IF HE EXPECTS ME TO BE OUT FOR A YEAR OR LONGER, I'M not sure if I should ask him at this point.I will continue with the physical therapy and contact
    an attorney.If in 2 mths I dont improve, Maybe my doc can state, That my condition is not improving much,cause without the doc's support.....There is no HOPE !!!![This Message was Edited on 03/21/2003]