New stained glass pic and an update on me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everyone,

I haven't been posting a lot for a while now. I do visit the porch and read the posts on the board but have chosen to limit my computer time to morning and late night.

I have been feeling really well since the new year. I feel my improvments have been because in Dec my Dr put me on Vit D, B-6, folic-acid and B-12 sublingual.

I also feel a big part was having all my teeth pulled. I had alot of old metal fillings.

I have been spending my time working on my glass. I have a new pic in my profile. I have been trying to get one or two done each week.

I have also changed my thinking by reading a dog training book, amazing huh. It isn't the dog misbehaving it is usually the owner.

I have always(well mostly) been a believer in the power of positive thinking. Now The Secret is getting big because of of Oprah but I missed both shows. I have never read the book or seen the DVD but am interested.

The dog book, called The Dog Whisperer written by Paul Owens, has nothing to do with Ceasar. It was written in 1999 and I found it at a thrift store. It does use many of the same principles as Ceasar.

I had to learn how to be in the moment, leave the past behind and not worry about tomorrow. Dogs live in the moment and to connect with them you must too.

I have had some success, it is a everyday thing you have to reinforce. Which helps me too. Sometimes it is hard but after some success it is worth it.

So those of you who feel like your never going to feel better there is hope. I am not saying your answer to your problem is in a dog book,lol. But it is a mindset, many of us get stuck in a rut and can't get out. I am not saying it is all in your head, but the mind is a very powerful tool that we don't use enough of.

I do enjoy this board and have met some very wonderful people who get up everyday and do the best they can that day and come here for support and sharing.

It starts with doing the best you can that day, then it turns into 2 and so on. Have your Dr check your Vit d and b levels too. I can honestly tell you that I started to feel better within a week, then changed my mindset that was the end of Dec and I'm still going strong every day.

I walk my dogs most days, weather permiting. Many times my legs don't want to but I just do it and after I'm back I feel even better and get the energy boost.

I hope each of you are able to find your own answers and get back to living life again. I was lost for 4 years, sometimes so sick I wished I would have died at times but I came threw and got strengh from that experience.

I appreciate the kindness that has been bestowed upon me from you guys, even if I don't always respond, I'm still praying for you.

Well, back to the work room, I am planning my next creation- Good health and happy days to all-Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

stained glass work is wonderful, Carla. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My son improved after having his fillings took a year, but I think we are now seeing a huge improvement. He doesn't wake up with his horrible brain fog anymore and can tolerate most foods, except MSG. I wish it could help everyone as much as it has helped him.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

love to see your stain're very's beautiful and so good to hear you're feeling well.

5. ckball

ckball New Member

I think things are made to share and let someone smile because they like it.

I hope I inspire others, I have been told that before in VA after going threw cancer. Everybody from my hair dresser to tenants in my office buildings.

I have been threw so many really bad times, some my fault some not but I am grateful I made it to the other side.

I still have my disabilities physically, especially in my upper back. Not good for stained glass work. Tonight I wanted to finsh the peice I made today but the girls needed a bath after the snow turned to mud.

I had time after that but my back was in knots and I had to sit down and relax so they would let go. But I did get all the glass cut and now dogs don't look like mud wrestlers.

Dancin- love the pics of chocolate, he is a beauty. Does he get bored easily. Missy seems to pick up on things better than Twila. I look at her and say in a normal tone "Go get me a toy" and her head turns and it's like you can see the wheels are turning, then she gets up and brings me what I asked for. I love it.

I was sitting in the floor with them and had a hard time getting up so I have taught her to "help mommy" by standing still while I use her to get off the floor.

Thanks again for looking, I will show more soon-Carla
  6. joyfully

joyfully New Member

You have talent, girl! Excellent sense of placement. Beautiful
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

This is one of my favorites, but then, all the glass art you do are my favorites.

As I said before on the porch, I'm glad you're feeling better too. I don't doubt that the D is helping a lot combined with your good attitude. [repeating warning about D: be sure to have blood tested, do not self-medicate]

I read something somewhere lately that people can forget how to be well and I believe it. I'm not saying that illness is all in our heads but I do believe, for many of us, it begins there. It did for me. My "gut" warned me but I forged ahead and let myself get unbalanced: too much work and not enough relaxation in a sensitive nervous system = stress = illness. Now it's up to me to reverse that process with the help of attitude, supplements and medication.

I decided that I can't change my thinking sitting here for hours, focused on illness so that's when I began volunteering a couple of hours a week at the local animal shelter. I couldn't have done it without the boost in vitamin D first, though.

Be sure to check in from time to time. I'll be thinking of you.

8. JLH

JLH New Member

Your stained glass is beautiful! You are very talented!

Glad to read your update.

I saw both of Oprah's "The Secret" shows, and got bored listening to everyone talk, and still don't know "the secret"!!! LOL Sometimes I think it's all just a bunch of B.S. they all go on and on about!!! I just don't know!!! My mind has been too foggy to conprehend all of that stuff!! LOL

I've not been doing well and don't spend as much time on the board as I used to -- I go in spurts -- and all of the "old timers" that I knew really well got banned during the last 12-18 months for unknown reasons and I don't know that many people any more!

9. ckball

ckball New Member

I really like this peice to, so much so that I made another one in different colors. I will post another pic of it later today.

Marta- glad to hear about your "new attitude"

dncfingers- I had to lol at your choc of love. Missy can be very prissy sometimes I call her Prissy Missy.hehe. Sounds like your lab was having a little fun at daddy's exspense.

Janet- I am so sorry you haven't been doing well. Please have an open mind about changing our minds and how we see ourselves. If we see ourselves as so sick and never have HOPE that we can get better, we won't get better.

I pray that you have the strengh to get better. You can email me and we could talk more if you like. Just google Carla's Stained Glass and you will find my site and email me there.

I think of you often and wondered how you were really doing. I usually pop in in the morning and late night. Carla