New stained glass pic in my profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, May 25, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everyone,

I finally finished another stained glass peice. I have been so tied up with my house I had to put my glass on the back burner. But I am back at it.

I did add some new pics to my website, see my profile on how to get there. But I am out of space and can't add any new pics right now.

Thank you for looking. I always like to share to show waht "we" as sick people can do. It takes me 2-3 times as long as it should for a healthy person, it get's so hard sometimes with the pain (back & neck) I just want to give up. Then I finish a peice like this and it is all worth it.

I told my gallery owner about my bone scan results, severe arthritis in my neck and spine with bones spurs. She asked how I do what I do. I said I am a very tenancious and determined person and my choices are lay down and give up or get up do the best I can each day. I choose to get up.

Take care-Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Beautiful! I don't think I've every seen glass work w/ the reddish orange color before. Very dramatic.

I was visiting one of those humor sites that shows short videos. A guy was cutting a pane of glass w/ an ordinary scissors. The trick was he held the glass under water.

I am skeptical. The molecular structure of the glass would be the same under water. Have you heard about this before?

3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Your new piece is beautiful. It's very striking against the lush greenery behind it.

Your tenacious attitude is fantastic, too!

4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Beautiful! Maybe we could work a carving/glass trade!

Probably have to be my bark elf houses cuz your glass looks like it is way to expensive to trade little wooden birds for!

Choose joy!

PS - Checked out your website! Love the cardinal!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2007]
  5. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Hi Carla,
    I hoped that you would post a picture of your daffodil. It is lovely, is it your own design?

Your are right on, concerning working with pain and fatigue. Painting and drawing puts me in a different mind space that makes the pain take a back seat at least for a while.

I am with you in your grief about the loss of your friend. My childhood friend most likely will not live out today. His death will leave a very large hole in my life. It is so hard is'nt it?

You asked once what one would do if they knew the time of their death. I think that I would paint one more picture.

I checked out your website You are GOOD! Love Denamay
    [This Message was Edited on 05/25/2007]
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Another Beautiful Piece!
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

Rock I would be curious to see someone cut glass under water with scissors, that is some trick

Ken- thank you- I hope you and your bride are enjoying your new home and are all setttled in

Greenbean- yes it would be a big carved peice. But I do give discounts to board members. Dncnfngers loves her peice. She is having me make her christmas present from her DH. We email regualary since she "left" the board. Is your new phrase "choose joy" and not smell the puppies? I love both of them

Elaine thank you so much and I will keep it up but not much will keep me down

Denamay- Oh I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I miss mine greatly, it is still hard to beleive she is gone. I have offered my help on taking care of her house, packing, cleaning ect. I'm sure it will be hard to go in her house and her not be there. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Are you painting yet, it may help take your mind away for awhile.

sisland- thanks! I appreciate it-

Now what can you do to take your mind away for awhile, we all need a way to escape, some read or write, paint or sculpt, it doesn't matter as long as you do it-Carla.
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

And yet another beautiful piece...

Nancy B
  9. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Beautiful as usual, Carla!

10. VERY NICE! Is it hard to do?

I love your attitude, I try and do the same even though I hurt like h##l most days.