New strange Symptoms - Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Have fibro and CFS

Around memorial day, after a bout of stomach flu, I started to get tingling in my face. Then it seemed to concentrate in my mouth and lips

It comes and goes - now my tongue feels very thick

I was tested for MS twice in the past, and the MRI was negative

This is freaking me out! Anybody else experience this ever?
  2. CFIDSHope

CFIDSHope New Member

I have similar symptoms now when I take echinacea, so I have had to stop taking it. Annoying since I think it helped me. Good luck!
  3. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Your symptoms could be from many things, of course, &may be something minor. But these don't sound like symptoms that should be ignored. Has your doc checked for what they call a "mini-stroke"? I forget the name of the condition. (It's a 3-letter abbreviation.) A friend of mine had it. The symptoms come & go. If you've had it, they treat you as being "at risk" for a stroke.
    My friends' doc said very few people realize what's happening when they have this, & rarely take it seriously cuz the symptoms go away & they feel better.
    I had no idea about any of this til I took my friend to the ER one day cuz he wasn't feeling well. The doc easily determined what was wrong, & explained it to us.

It may not be anything serious, of course. But you should ask your doc.

Good luck 2 U!
  4. toddm

toddm New Member

I have the exact same things going on Empower, I have been dx'ed with POTS and CFS. None of my doctors have been able to tell me what it is exactly. Mine has even included my two front teeth tingling, I've had this for over 3 years now. Good luck and I hope you start to feel better soon.
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Could it be your blood sugar? Prior to being dx'd with borderline diabetes I had all kinds of tingling episodes. Mostly in my face, then it would go down to my arms and hands. It was very strange......

6. luckyman

luckyman New Member

as I've had those symptoms for over 17 years. Seems to come and go. It can be very annoying. I never really know if I have a cavity, unless it's really bad, as my teeth often hurt.
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

Hi all

It could be blood sugar as I am hypoglycemic. I will have to pay attention to that

Thanks everyone.
  8. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms, Empower. Have you ruled out shingles? I'm concerned, because if it were shingles, it would be important to treat it right away.

9. malgal

malgal Member

sounds a little like what i experienced, at first, when i had bell's palsy.
    bell's palsy is a temporary (usually) paralysis of the facial muscles often brought on after a viral illness.
    there are med.s (prednisone, etc.) that help reduce the inflammation and you can get over it quicker. i'd definitely see a dr. if it hasn't resolved.
    hope you are fine and it's nothing of concern!
    good luck!
  10. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Hi, Empower.

I get the stomach flu quite frequently myself, and I know whenever I am sick or highly stressed for any reason, I get "twitching" around my mouth and in my arms and legs. Would you desribe it as twitching or more tingling?

I know that our immune and nervous systems seem to be so sensitive that whenever we are under attack by stress or viruses, we can have some pretty strange symptoms.

Hopefully, as your immune system gets back up to par (or what's normal for you! ;) ), it will subside.

11. Empower

Empower New Member

I forgot to mention I have a lot of cervical spine issues that may be playing a part
  12. valliali

valliali New Member

I just had a bout of food poisoning as well, and it was HORRIBLE, so I totally feel your pain...

After my bout, I also had some symptoms that I had had before, but not in awhile - lots of dizziness, general anxiety (I have panic attacks but not anxiety), etc. No tingling, but that has never been a symptom.

Anyways, I researched some into it and read that hypoglycemia can occur after food poisoning, and especially badly in people susceptible. I also read that a tingling mouth/lips/tongue is a major symptom.

So, it might be worth getting your blood sugar checked out so you know if you need to take some additional steps to get it balanced back out, especially if you already are hypoglycemic.