New Strange Symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Mar 2, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have been having bouts of being freezing cold. I will get under all of the blankets in the house with a heating pad and still be cold. I also am having a hard time holding a book because my fingers start tingling and hurt and my feet and legs will do the same thing if I lay in the same place longer than a few minutes. I have also been experiencing spasms in my throat, it feels like something is stuck in my throat, but there isn't anything there. And the latest occurred today. I was taking a hot shower because I couldn't get warm and i spontaneously vomited. I wasn't feeling sick to my stomach or anything, it just happened. I didn't feel sick afterward either. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I haven't changed meds or supplements recently.
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

It could possibly be food poisoning. How long have you felt like this?
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

The bouts of cold have been going on for some time now and the tingling longer. I don't think it is food poisoning because no one else in my family is having any of these symptoms. They also do not all happen at once.
  4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have had all those symptoms, too.....the tingling is actually a very common part of FM, the cold thing can be thyroid or it can just be another fun CFS thing (usually I am boiling, but I definitely get the freezing fun, too, and many of us have major temp regulation issues) to the thing in your throat and the vomiting, I regularly have both of those.....most of the time now I have nausea with it, but when it started I didn't.....actually threw up in a fitness center swimming pool once bc it happened so fast (and, in your case, if it were food poisoning you would be very nauseous and likely have some other symptoms, too, like stomach cramps, possibly diarrhea, etc)
  5. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

Feeling cold, tingling, throat spasms, and even the vomitting, can be related to hypothyroidism. I suggest your get tested. Unlike other tests, doctors seem more willing to order thyroid tests (my wife did it this week, and managed to get it done in one day!) - Mark
  6. Didoe

Didoe New Member

I've been living with a feeling of being flu-ish, severe chills (never enough blankets and sweating doesnt help) for years. It turned out to be rhuematoid arthritis. These symptoms have eased since I was diagnosed, but getting a doctor to connect the dots took almost 30 yrs and alot of, " you seem very stressed/depressed/concerned" in the most patronizing manner by male docs.
    Dont dismiss your symptoms if they continue and if you can afford to be checked by a rhuematologist, find a WOMAN doctor who listens and isnt worried about making a hasty diagnosis. write down everything you feel including the condition of your nails, skin concerns like unhealed patches or spots, whether you bruise easily or alot for no reasons, hair loss, lack of appetite-alot of conditions overlap but we're not diagnosticians...actually diagnosing is an art and most doctors are not very good at it so they yap out something for you, toss pills around and want payment up front.

and a rhuematologist can test your thyroid and would anyway to rule out this problem.
  7. sascha

sascha Member

it happens when i am going down; when i've overstressed the system. absolutely freezing cold goes all over me and i can't warm up. i wear hat scarf, socks, sweatpants, sweatshirt to bed, and lots of covers. and i take very hot baths to warm myself up. i haven't vomited. that sounds scary. i'm sure it's tied to some aspect of cfids. i think we go through phases. this freezing cold thing is within the last year, and i've had cfids for ten years.

lately i did a very very stupid thing, and way over-exerted because i was having such a fun time dancing with my twin grandchildren. i am so scared i did myself permanent damage. it's going on two weeks that i have been very ill. i spent most of one day at hospital emergency room having tests then treatments. doctor says i have a viral inflammation giving me asthma. i've been very sick. so stupid i can't believe it. i should post this cautionary tale on this website.

so how do we stay warm. obviously there's a circulatory issue going on.. ? i don't know-just dress in layers. if i start to go that cold route, maybe just stand in hot water and get my feet warmed up. yikes- it's a tricky road- good luck to you- sascha
  8. hi kat211,
    i also suffer from what you say above in your post,and ive found it to be due to migraine.its when the migraine is in the abdomen,and not in the head.

i remember as a child that a doctor told my mum that i was suffering from abdominal migraines.i,d be about 13 back then.

i always thought that migraine was always in the head,but this past year ive realised that the coldness,tingling fingers and throat problems,seem to come along with the white flashes of light,in my sight,even though my head could be pain free.

so thats why i figure its another form of migraine attack.

take care ,fran
  9. simka

simka New Member

You have lots of company "in the cold". I've not experienced the vomiting episode during the hot shower that you did - not fun.

When this happens to us we can't generate enough heat on our own, so we have to get some outside source of warmth, like the heating pad or an electric blanket.

To get warm more quickly, I find the kind of heating pad that you microwave works a lot better than an electric pad, because it can form more closely to your body and seems to transfer heat more quickly. I often feel especially cold deep in my upper chest, and I'll put the large microwaved heat "pad" on my chest, and use the electric heating pad wherever else. Sometimes I'll microwave a second pad too.

And a cup of herb tea to warm the innards.

My thyroid tests were in normal range when those symptoms were worst for me. (My doctor did the more detailed tests, not just the TSH). But definitely something you should get checked out if it hasn't been done already.