new symptom anyone have this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hi all,

Lately if I sit on anything that isn't VERY soft, my legs go numb after a few minutes. I feel like I am sitting on bare rock too.

Does anyone else have this?

Love Bunchy x
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

Although mine don't go completely numb, usually my feet and up to ankles. And yes, sitting on something not cushy really irritates the sciatic (sp?, foggy) nerve for me too, as well as alot more pressure on my bones than I ever remember.

There are so many things with this DD it's hard to distinguish what is what.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/27/2008]
  3. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

When I started Lyrica it helped alot. My hands go numb now, but I think I am having some nerve issues in my neck.
    I can't remember the last time I was able to sit on the floor and play with my son. As much pain and everything else this DD does to me, the worst is watching my kids worry about me. I know my hubby worries which is hard enough. But children shouldn't have to grow up worrying about their parents. It breaks my heart and I do not know what to do.

Jenn
  4. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I have that all the time. My chair at work causes it so whenever I have to get up, I have to be very careful or I'll fall flat on my face (I've done that a couple times). I spend a large portion of my day shifting around - ants in the pants!
  5. niecsey

niecsey New Member

Hi lm not fully diagnosed but when l lay on my back sometimes l get very slight pins and needle sensations from mid thigh down to my ankle in my left leg does anyone else? x
  6. 3gs

3gs New Member

The more I read this board the more blown away Iam

I can relate to what everyone said..Its getting so bad sitting that I can only do in short amounts...
    Pins needles numbness the whols shebang!

I thought it was just my bad back guess not its another fibro thing.
  7. chula61

chula61 New Member

I have the same thing. When I sit up right in a chair my pelvic area goes numb. When I lay on either side, I have lots and lots of pain and spasms.
  8. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

Happens when I sit on hard chairs. When I was still working it happened when I sit at my desk for very long without moving around. I would then have a hard time walking for several minutes.
  9. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Thanks everyone - thought it was just me!

Saiorse...LOL to you being kicked in the a** but yes you are right that the DD's do that for us.

I wonder what causes this - lack of circulation, nerve problems or both....

Gentle hugs,

Bunchy

PS today I bought a dunlopillo latex ring to sit on - I'll let you all know if it helps.
  10. zuffolo

zuffolo New Member

hi bunchy ... that used to happen to me too but after i started seeing a chiropractor once a month, it decreased by 90% .... zuffolo
  11. jami117

jami117 New Member

It's so uncomfortable that I don't go to restaurants nor to friends' homes, unless I know them well enough to lounge on their sofas. I've found that chairs with seats that slope back, like Adarondack chairs, allow me to sit for a little while, especially if they have a footstool.

I can ride in cars and enjoy that because I can adjust the car seat to have the slope that prevents back cramping, tushy pain spikes and leg numbing that I get in chairs.

Such fun,'eh?!
    Jami
  12. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

You said:

"It's so uncomfortable that I don't go to restaurants nor to friends' homes, unless I know them well enough to lounge on their sofas. I've found that chairs with seats that slope back, like Adarondack chairs, allow me to sit for a little while, especially if they have a footstool."

*Exactly* my problems and how I deal with them - so sorry for you but grateful others can relate.

Gentle hugs,

Bunchy x
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2008]
  13. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

said sitting on the floor is the worst thing for people who have any kind of back problems