new symptom. could it be fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Jun 5, 2008.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I've had CFS for 12 or more years. Ugh, but for the past seven months I've had a new symptom. Pain in one spot in my lower back/hip area that radiates down the FRONT of my thigh.

Could that be fibro?

delia
  2. CarolK

CarolK New Member

DELIA... If the pain is starting in your lower back and wrapping around the hip and down the leg, it might just be your sciatic nerve is being pinched.

You can go get an adjustment from a Chiropractor, or do the stretches that were recommended here on the other post.

Blessings... CarolK
  3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I "developed" fibro almost three weeks ago. I'm being treated now by an excellent chiropractor who has extensive knowledge of nutrition and wellness. And he knows exactly which supplements to take to get me completely well and which supplements not to take. If you can find one like this it's totally possible to make a complete recovery. My chiropractor suggested I avoid ALL internet health advisors and/or experts. He already knew that I avoid doctors. He explained the REAl root cause of these illnesses. After this I got on my computer and did some heavy research. Turns out he is completely correct.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2008]
  4. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I agree with above posters. The radiating pain that you describe sounds like a nerve being pinched.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Delia

This sounds very much like Sx I've had related to irritated/compressed nerve and an unstable sacrioliac joint. I have found exacerbations of my illness, and Tx that produce die off or the release of toxins, increase my pain levels including those related to nerve compression and mechanical problems.

Interesting that Woofmom suggested manganese. The doctor I saw in London in the mid 80s checked my manganese levels because a deficiency can increase back/spine pain. I was deficient in manganese along with many other essential vits, minerals etc.

tc, Tansy