New Symptom Hand Is Shaking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Aug 13, 2008.

1. steach

steach Member

Hi Friends-

I have a strange new symptom that is concerning me. Just wondering if any of you have ever experienced this.

The best way that I can describe what is going on with my left hand and sometimes arm is- after a really hard work-out when the muscles feel limp or like "jello". My hand will begin to shake and I can't stop it- kinda like when your eye twitches.

It is not happening in any other part of my body- thank God. Hopefully it won't start, either.

2. fkm

fkm New Member

If it's only after a work out and doesn't present with weakness, you're likely ok. It's normal to get some twitching after a hard work out where you have stressed out the muscles.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i have noticed odd symptoms like this throughout my battle with CFS. it is a neurological disease so maybe these are neurological symptoms of some sort.

4. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

Before I upped my dose of Lyrica, my limbs would jerk around. I would be trying to rest and one leg would jump, then an arm, my eye twitch, other leg then other arm. It was driving me crazy. My hubby said it looked like I was having a seizure when I was sleeping. TG the lyrica helped.

5. steach

steach Member

Oh,I am definetly not working-out! lol This just happens to feel like after a work-out.

My daily routine has not changed and this "limpness" and "shaking" just happens with no apparent reason.

6. bdancer

bdancer New Member

Is it like a tremor or are the muscles just twitching?

I have muscle twitching everyday all day long. Once in awhile I have what I think are tremors...My arm/hand will actually tremble or shake. I look like I have Parkinson's when that happens! It is very scary. It only lasts a short time but I wonder if it will get to become more frequent/last longer or (very scary thought) start up and never stop!
  7. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Sometimes it's only one limb; sometimes I shake allover. At times I look like I'm having a seizure but my EEG shows normal brain waves. Strange...topamax which is used for seizures calms these symptoms way down to almost nonexistant.
  8. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

It is perhaps something you should bring up with your doctor. Tremors, shaking, spasms and stuff can be associated with a lot of different illness and should always be checked out. You would not want small seizures or small strokes going unchecked.
  9. I get it sometimes alot when I sit down, my right hand feels like its shaking, I look down and its not. I mentioned it to my neurologist I see and he asked if I get headaches and then said to watch it and mention it to my family dr. to ck out. Its scarey all the weird things we get isn't it!