New Symptom???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Aug 2, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Not sure if this is a symptom of fibromyalgia, or if I need to get it checked.

For the past month now, I have this recurring feeling of drool coming out of the right side of my mouth, several times an hour. I go to wipe it away, but there is nothing there.

Anyone have this?

FYI - I have had no change in my medication regimen.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

While I have never heard of anyone experiencing quite that sensation I do know that a lot of us have something called paresthesia, which is basically having weird feelings or sensations on your skin w/o an actual clear source (usually tingling, prickling, or crawling, but sometimes other sensations, too.....I often feel like there is a bug crawling across my foot when there isn't). This may well be something along those lines, but as you know, even with our illnesses, it is always possible that a new symptom is completely unrelated and may need to be checked out. If it were me, though, I would be more concerned if I were actually drooling all the time than just feeling like I was (though I am sure it is a disconcerting feeling).

ETA: Could you call your doctor's office and ask if they think there is reason for concern? You may not need to go in for a visit that way.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2010]
  3. loto

loto Member

I have had that. It's been a while, but I know what you're talking's crazy, isn't it??

I also have feelings every once in a while like a bug is crawling on my leg or foot and there's nothing there.