new tatoo

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poodlemommy, Sep 26, 2005.

1. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

hi gang. I wanted to share my tatoo with all of you. If you've read my posts you'll know Ive been thru alot. My beautiful mother in law died last week, my mom is going for cancer of the bowle surgery in a few weeks and I will be her caregiver, I had cancer a few years ago, I lost my marriage to a man I really loved but addiction loved him more . I also watch both his parents die in the last two years. My job of 27 years is gone now due to my health. Any how my point is , I am strong and loving and I gave to all those that I mentioned 110% so now I thought I need a treat , one that I will remember . I got a tatoo last week of a fairy. Her wings signify my flight out of the pain I have been going thru, her gentle beauty is me and my heart. She is my strength and my freedom. She is a rememberance of those I loved. I took that emotional pain of all my loss and put it out in physical pain on my back as they did the tatoo. IT hurts like hell. But it was a release and now I have this wonderful piece of art to give me strength. I just love it. What do guys think of it? does anyone else have tatoos to share?
    hugs, poodlemum
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

is beautiful, I have a very tiny heart on my ankle, I would like to get another but no money
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Rose,

What a beautiful fairy! I liked the idea of getting a tattoo as a symbol of your life's progress and also in memory of those you love.

When a friend of mine divorced a few years ago, she had the butterfly tattoo on her shoulder changed into a dragonfly--as a symbol of her strength and independence.

Thanks for posting your picture!

Take care!

Francie
  4. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

That tatoo took 1 1/2 hours. She was very quick and efficient . She does good work. Im very pleased. I had it done just over a week ago. Its at that itchy stage.
    I just wanted to thank you "hanginthere' for you kinds words. Its so hard to walk away from someone we love. It is the right choice for sure. He got in trouble yesterday from his live in girlfriend for calling me. Im so glad im not dating and have to go thru the games. He told me he still loves me but cant call as its getting him in trouble. Ive been telling him all along not to call but Im like a drug to him. He was calling 12 times a day up until 3 weeks ago. So he is going to go into phone with drawal. LOL. Tomorow I go with my mom for the results of her CT scan. Im scared. I just have to stay strong for her. Our hopes are that the cancer is just in the bowel and surgery will take care of it. Please keep us in your prayers.
    hugs poodlemum
  5. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello Poodle mommy, what a beautiful tattoo!! Nice art work too! Thank you for sharing the picture!! I have 2 tattoos myself!! A rose (which is almost 20 yrs old), and a 3 orchids on my back(about 10 years old)!! I am not a whimpy woman, but I can't imagine getting a tattoo with all this burning skin/Fibro pain! Just having clothes against my skin hurts!!
    Sorry you have been thru such a rough time. You sound like a trooper!!! Hang in there!! Hugs..Dove
  6. neldwn2me

neldwn2me New Member

SITTING HERE FEELING SORRY FOR MY SELF WHEN I READ YOUR POST. AND IT MADE ME LAUGH AND RELIZE HOW GOOD MY LIFE IS. IM GETTING MY TATOO. NEXT YEAR IT'S FOR MY MOM AND GRANDPARENT'S WHO ARE DECEASED. I WILL LET LET GO OF MY PAIN AND WHAT WAS AND WASN'T AND WHAT WILL NEVER BE AGIN. I HAVE A ROSE TATOO WITH MY CHILDERNS NAME IN IT. I DIDNT KNOW WHERE TO PUT MT TATOO UNTIL NOW . THANKS GOD BLESS
  7. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Hi PoodleMum,
    I love your tatoo! Its so detailed and well done! I once had a dream I got a tatoo of my African Grey parrot under my arm..yes my armpit!
    I think the dream stemmed from this: When my Father died of cancer, they played Wind Beneath My Wings at his funeral. I was a reck.
    So I can appreciate the meaning behind your tatoo. I believe I would get mine, but I am a big baby and think it would be too painful under my arm.
    Hugs,
    JPach007