New Thing This Wk. Slight blood when I blow my nose

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DayByDazey, Aug 6, 2010.

1. DayByDazey

DayByDazey New Member

This just started. Have OA RA Fibro High BP 144/90 last 2 appts with Rheumy. I have a bump way up inside 1 nostril but I can take a tissue & poke up in there & there's bits of bright blood. I blew my nose one day & noticed specs of blood. Not a typical tilt your head back nose bleed. I don't ever get those but this is a bit concerning. I have 1 bright red slick cherry on my L outer lower arm that I'm careful not to injure. I've heard they're very hard to get to stop bleeding. Have varicose veins. All of my skin is getting very rippley like it's been swollen & then kind of wrinkley when the inflammation goes down a bit. My arms look like I'm 100 yrs old this past month. Another new thing is you know the half moon white part of fingernail bed? I had a flare. When it subsided this half moon thing moved up & is now 1/2 way up the nail bed & a new half moon has formed where it should be. My RA is severe in fingers. Thanks! Connie Sue
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

It doesn't sound very pretty, but you can actually have a small wart-type growth inside your nostril. My girlfriend had this. Same type of thing - she had a small bump, gradually it did get a bit bigger. If she picked it at all, it bled just like picking anything else would, not like a bloody nose does though. I took her to an ENT and they burned it off.

Another inconvenience. If it's really bothering you, have your Dr. take a look at it. Hopefully it will give you some peace of mind - or you can get it taken care of.

3. DayByDazey

DayByDazey New Member

Have a good night. I'm one of those who start to feel better at 2:00PM-8:00 PM w/FM. So here I sit reading posts at 1:00 AM. I've taken my sleep med's so maybe I'll get dozey sooon I hope. C