New TIME RELEASED Ambien...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Oct 13, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It's called Ambien CR, I think. It is made of two layers: one that dissolves quickly and helps you get to sleep and one that dissolves more slowly and helps you stay asleep longer. I was jazzed when I saw that.

Having had trouble with sleep, Ambien works, but I don't stay asleep long enough. Lunesta is a wash-out. Didn't do much at all.

So, a new one. I may call my doc next week and see what he says. I'm hoping I'll be sleeping better as I have another depression med to help my Effexor along. If that is under control, sleep should be much easier.

Just a head's up...they're playing our tune! "Rock abye Baby..."

Sue
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I will be very interested in trying this Ambien too.
    I can take it but it dosen't keep me asleep, so maybe this would work.
    I sure could use a full 8 hours sleep, sometime .
    Thanks again for the info,
    Have a GReat Day,
    sharonk
  3. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I would hate to find out this did not wear off in 8 hours, some poeples digestion process is slower than others. A time released sleeping pill, makes you wonder what is next. I sure hope it releases on time or some people may be late for work....LOL

Shannon
  4. juststevie

juststevie New Member

WAY COOL! Thanks for the info
    I take & like Ambien but it does only last 5 / 6 hours
    go to this link to print out a trial certificate
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

This is great news. I take Ambien and I like it but I only sleep about 4 hrs. on. This should make a lot of difference.
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Sue,

Thanks for the info on timed release Ambien! I've been taking Ambien for years and it almost always gets me to sleep. Like most people though, it doesn't keep me asleep.

JustStevie, thanks for the website on the free trial. A little more info on the free trial:

1) You can print out a certificate for a free 7 day trial.
    2) This offer is good through 11-28-2005
    3) Your Dr. needs to write you a Rx for the 7-day trial.

If I can get a script, I'll be trying it!

Katy
  7. elsa

elsa New Member

Hi Sue,

Yeah, I saw something about this yesterday and wanted to post about it for all the ambien users here, but time got away from me.

I think it is their answer to lunesta's "help you fall asleep and then stay asleep" game plan.

As always, what works for one doesn't work for the other, so I'm glad there are more options for those who lunesta didn't work for.

Take care,

Elsa
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thought I'd bump it up so if someone missed it, he/she has another shot at it. Good info about a free coupon in the responses.

Sue
  9. twister425

twister425 New Member

well i must say Im dissapointed with it. Doc gave me a script on tuesday and I have woken up every night this past week.Then again I am having major burning pain in my thigh so I dont think anything could keep me asleep. Hope it works for the rest of you though!

Good Luck!
    Sherri
  10. twister425

twister425 New Member

well when i wrote the last post i had just taken 1 ambien cr. still awake:(
  11. PVLady

PVLady New Member

THANKS, I am definitely getting the long acting Ambien next week. I take 5 mg at bedtime and have the problem with waking up early which is a drag.