New Tires and The Law of Universal Exchange

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Like so many, I'm not broke but have to watch my shekles. My Highlander needed new tires. It's nine years old and still had the original tires on it. They had tread but also had dry rot. On Thurs., I ran around to get prices on some old gold jewelry and settled for $594. I also ran around finding the best price on tires. The Toyota dealership won out and the price was $594. Weird! It was a "buy 3, get 1 free" sale. I'm now a Yokohama Mamma :) These are true truck tires and have a lot of tread. They are rated highly for not hydroplaning, important down here in the summer when we have standing water on the roads. But, I digress...

I belive this was a lesson from God to have faith that what I need will be provided when I need it. There is a spiritual belief that you get what you give. I try to give as much as I am able and my life has been blessed. There is also a belief in Universal balance. Things are always moving, some goes out, some comes in. Holding on to things we don't need stops this flow. I'm in the process of getting rid of clothing and other things I no longer need. I think I need to take another look and get rid of more things.

Love, Mikie

2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Here in the Arizona desert summer, it rots tires even if you don't use your car that much and you put under a car cover. My car had such little mileage and I had to have the tires replaced the other year. My car dealer is just ridiculous on pricing for anything. But I have an AAA repair place that is so good and honest and they told me a good reliable place to go for tires. I went there and got the tires and they have me come back every month for free to check the air in the tires. I thought I had a nail in a tire, and they took the tire off and here it was a piece of metal, not a nail, that was stuck between the tread but had not penetrated the tire or the tread--and it was no cost.

A lot of us ladies here feel grateful to have found a family owned repair place that is so honest, treats women and the disabled respectfully and truthfully about repairs or the need not to have repairs. And the place sends us to equally honest places for work they do not do. There's a higher hand in this looking out for so many.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I only have a carport for my condo but it's better than nothing. We have two seasons: Hot and Hotter. Actually, we are starting into five months of the most beautiful weather; it's to die for. I even like our summers. It's just that they last soooo long.

I just had new belts put on and with the tires, I should be good to go for a bit. The timing belt or water pump will be next and that will be pricey. From talking to the guys at Toyota, the timing belt should last quite a while and even if it breaks, it won't hurt the engine as it's a non-interference setup. The vehicle will just stop and I'll have to have AAA tow it.

Had a bit of energy today and waxed it and cleaned it inside and out. I'll be paralized tomorrow. This one has to last me the rest of my life so I take care of it.

Love, Mikie
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What a kawinkydink! Leads one to ponder the meaning of value. Which has more
    value: tires or gold? And the obvious answer is, it depends on the circumstances.

If you're going to an elegant ball, you wouldn't want to wear a tire around your neck.

I believe there is also a concept of universal balance when it comes to cars. You have to balance your tires and keep your universal joints in good condition.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You're at it again. Ha! Ha! Thanks, as always for the laughs. Sometimes, I think I'm unbalanced.

I actually now like silver better than gold but I still have plenty of gold should a handsome prince ask me to the ball. I have been making some jewelry as I like the more organic jewelry with stones. I still buy some and am about to pick up some HSN cuffs on clearance. I can't make them but they go so well with everything else. And, most importantly, they cover my ugly wrist joint deformed by arthritis.

As if that isn't bad enough, I'm starting to get the dreaded ear lobe droop. I knew the boobs would drop but that's why God made underwire bras. There is no bra for my ears. They do make a new kind of earring back which helps the lobe not to drop. I now try to wear lightweight earrings so they do not tug down on the lobes. Getting old is hell :)

Love, Mikie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One of the things I've always loved about the Highlander is that it's a full-size SUV crossover vehicle which rides like a big sedan. Well, no more. These truck tires make it ride like my daughter's 4-Runner. I guess I should just be glad to have new tires which are good in water. Still, I miss that ride. Whine, whine, whine!

Love, Mikie
  7. springwater

springwater Active Member

its happened to me a couple of times. once i even wrote about it
    on the porch but i forget the exact circumstances of it.

recently tho i volunteered to give healing at this healing centre even
    tho i was wondering about the taxi fares i would be incurring if i didnt
    get the bus (going back i never get the bus its too full).

then dh went on a trip out of the country and left me with money
    (contingency money he said in case i needed it). it was five times
    the money i spent on cab fare going to the centre and i was able
    to use part of the money to help out my brother with the engagement
    of his daughter.

i had a lot left over so when i found out the basic course of the healing
    course was being held i offered to sponsor a friend of my son who has
    heart ailment and some mild depressive issues,so she could give herself
    healing when needed.

so i went and paid out the fees Rs. 5000/- for two days course.

and again my dh had to make an overnight trip and left me with what
    he said 'contingency money'. the amount? exactly Rs. 5000/-.

could be co incidence but i rather think not.

God Bless
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for this most inspirational story and bless your heart for your generosity. It's the old Golden Rule and what goes around, comes around. The good we do comes back to us. Everything in the Universe has to have flow and movement. If we live in an attitude of scarcity, we will hang onto our money and become stagnant. Of course, we have to live within our means and not be foolish with money but if we don't keep the flow going, nothing will come back to us. My story isn't one of generosity but it certainly seems to be more than coincidental that my needs were taken care of to the dollar; it was an even exhange.

It doesn't have to be a lot of money. The diff. between a normal tip for lunch and a good tip is usually only a dollar or two. I try to be generous with tipping because people work so hard for that money and I never miss a dollar or two. My ex goes out to eat and if he sees two older people at another booth, he will get the waitress and cover their tab and leave without saying anything to them. He pays it forward. People do that at toll booths. All that good going out into the Universe is wonderful, even in small ways.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Love, Mikie
  9. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

The Christian radio station I listen to has this promotion they do 2 to 3 times a year called the "Drive Thru Differance". The plan is to pay for the person behind you and hopefully it is a chain reaction. I keep blank note cards in my car and when I have a few extra dollars I will go to a drive through coffee place and ask the cashier to give the person behind me my card that says Enjoy your coffee and have a nice day.

One lady called into the radio station and said she was at the gas station and her car was on E and she was counting change to see how much gas she could get. The lady in front of her came over and said she would pay to fill up her car. The lady who got the free gas said the timing couldn't have been better as she was just hired for a job and was worried how she was going to get back & forth to work until her first paycheck.

[This Message was Edited on 11/11/2011]
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I looooove to hear of kindness. Bless your heart. One study showed that both the person doing the good deed and the person receiving the good deed benefit emotionally. Anyone witnssing the good deed also benefits. Doing good things is sooooo good for all of us.

Love, Mikie