new to all this fun stuff, think now I'm crazier than the docs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by txangel, Mar 12, 2003.

1. txangel

txangel New Member

i am really new to all this, and i am pretty frustrated. the doc want give me any pain medicine unless i am dying. which here latley seems to be often. i don't know if yall can give me some hope or not, but i'll try anything.
    hope to hear from some one who understands!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi TxAngel, welcome to our world. I am assuming you have Fibro? So have I, for twenty years. I can assure you of one thing, you won't die!

It is so hard to find a doctor that will really listen, and help. Maybe someone here can help you with a doctor if you want to list your state (Texas??).

Also we have a 'Doctor Referral' link at the top of this page. They are listed by state.

You have come to the right place, lots of nice, knowledgeable people here who are more than willing to help you if they can.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

lol A doctor that won't give pain meds when you need them is crazy. I know I been there. I had to go to a pain management doctor before I found something that works. I don't know of anything that works besides prescibed meds. I hope you find some relief. If your not getting help from you doctor then I would change if you can. I hope you find some relief and welcome to the board I hope someone suggests something that works for you. Have a good one!!

Hugs,
    Jeanna