New to board and questioning legit at home jobs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Joannie, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Joannie

Joannie New Member

Hello,
    I have read many of the messages posted and what a wonderful sight this is. I am 31, married, with three children. I have been in a great battle with all of this since March of 2000 when I was injured at work. I was given a case manager that chose to send me from Doctor to Doctor and given many cortisone injections. I was never given a chance to heal from a strain injury to my low back. The injections were not given correctly and caused more damage to me then I originally had. I have seen about 26 Doctors' now and thank goodness my work comp case has been settled. I am truly thankful for a wonderful and caring family Doctor who after so many things with the case manager found out what was going on and took total control of my care. She is a very strong willed Doctor and believes me. That is probably the only thing that has kept me strong and able to keep fighting for the last two years. I am able to call her any time and every time she says I am with you through this for as long as you need me to be. I owe so much to her. We have figured for a while I have FMS/CFS and go to the Rheumo the end of the month for the actual diagnosis. Need it from him for it to be considered for SSDisability
    I suffer many of the same things you all do. Fatigue, pain throughout my entire body now that this DD has taken over me. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and with one of the epideral injections am now dealing with urge incontinence. I am a totally different person then I was before this all happened.
    I am now faced with GYN problems. I had emergency surgery to remove cysts in and out of my left ovary and fibrosis was so bad on the outside of the uterus it had my intestines connected to my uterus. The Doctor said of all her years of operating she had never seen anything like it before. I spent one and a half hours in surgery. I am now on antibiotics and return again on the 21st due to the uterine swelling still being here and she does not feel it is an infection but wants to try it before sending me through another surgery for a hysterectomy. I truly believe I am having these problems due to the cortisone injections. Could just be me and the negative feelings I have towards the injections.
    I feel very useless I guess you could say since all of this happened. I used to work as a full time waitress and keep my entire home in order. Profectionist they called me at Mayo's pain clinic I went through two summers ago. I began working a couple of weeks ago at our credit union and can't handle it. It has to be the easiest job I have ever did but it is still too much. I don't know what to do and medical bills are mounting up so badly it has me really depressed.
    I have been fighting for SSDisability for quite sometime. I lost my hearing with the judge due to so many Doctors and the untruth that they have written in my medical records. Although their own Doctors' who looked at my chart stated that I have not been diagnosed correctly and they find me disabled. The Judge dismissed their opinions on that. I am going through the process with the appeals counsel now. I have had Doctors' that I was close to write a revision of their dictation and all of my family and friends wrote letters for me too. I pray every night that it goes through. Hopefully God won't get tired of the prayers coming from me daily.
    I have a question if someone knows anything about the work at home jobs that are out there. Does anyone know of any that are legitiment could you please let me know. I need to do something to help support my family in some way. I will probably wait a year they say for the appeals counsel to review my case and I can not wait that long. I go without meds now due to our finances being so tight.
    It tends to depress me even more to know now that I have tried again to work and to know that I can't.
    I am sorry for this being so long I just wanted to tell you some about myself and to let everyone know how happy I am to have found this sight. Your input is greatly appreciated.
  2. Joannie

Joannie New Member

Hello,
    I have read many of the messages posted and what a wonderful sight this is. I am 31, married, with three children. I have been in a great battle with all of this since March of 2000 when I was injured at work. I was given a case manager that chose to send me from Doctor to Doctor and given many cortisone injections. I was never given a chance to heal from a strain injury to my low back. The injections were not given correctly and caused more damage to me then I originally had. I have seen about 26 Doctors' now and thank goodness my work comp case has been settled. I am truly thankful for a wonderful and caring family Doctor who after so many things with the case manager found out what was going on and took total control of my care. She is a very strong willed Doctor and believes me. That is probably the only thing that has kept me strong and able to keep fighting for the last two years. I am able to call her any time and every time she says I am with you through this for as long as you need me to be. I owe so much to her. We have figured for a while I have FMS/CFS and go to the Rheumo the end of the month for the actual diagnosis. Need it from him for it to be considered for SSDisability
    I suffer many of the same things you all do. Fatigue, pain throughout my entire body now that this DD has taken over me. I suffer from anxiety and depression, and with one of the epideral injections am now dealing with urge incontinence. I am a totally different person then I was before this all happened.
    I am now faced with GYN problems. I had emergency surgery to remove cysts in and out of my left ovary and fibrosis was so bad on the outside of the uterus it had my intestines connected to my uterus. The Doctor said of all her years of operating she had never seen anything like it before. I spent one and a half hours in surgery. I am now on antibiotics and return again on the 21st due to the uterine swelling still being here and she does not feel it is an infection but wants to try it before sending me through another surgery for a hysterectomy. I truly believe I am having these problems due to the cortisone injections. Could just be me and the negative feelings I have towards the injections.
    I feel very useless I guess you could say since all of this happened. I used to work as a full time waitress and keep my entire home in order. Profectionist they called me at Mayo's pain clinic I went through two summers ago. I began working a couple of weeks ago at our credit union and can't handle it. It has to be the easiest job I have ever did but it is still too much. I don't know what to do and medical bills are mounting up so badly it has me really depressed.
    I have been fighting for SSDisability for quite sometime. I lost my hearing with the judge due to so many Doctors and the untruth that they have written in my medical records. Although their own Doctors' who looked at my chart stated that I have not been diagnosed correctly and they find me disabled. The Judge dismissed their opinions on that. I am going through the process with the appeals counsel now. I have had Doctors' that I was close to write a revision of their dictation and all of my family and friends wrote letters for me too. I pray every night that it goes through. Hopefully God won't get tired of the prayers coming from me daily.
    I have a question if someone knows anything about the work at home jobs that are out there. Does anyone know of any that are legitiment could you please let me know. I need to do something to help support my family in some way. I will probably wait a year they say for the appeals counsel to review my case and I can not wait that long. I go without meds now due to our finances being so tight.
    It tends to depress me even more to know now that I have tried again to work and to know that I can't.
    I am sorry for this being so long I just wanted to tell you some about myself and to let everyone know how happy I am to have found this sight. Your input is greatly appreciated.
  3. SleepyWillow25

SleepyWillow25 New Member

Welcome to the message board! I am so sorry to hear of your health and troubles. Whenever I hear of someone just being dignosed or have had this illness for a few years it breaks my heart. HUGS!

jUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO!!!!

hugs

Love Belle

4. roro

roro New Member

I found a good site. Its called work at home mom. They seem to weed out most of the ones that are scams. The website is wahm. wahm stands for work at home mom.

(Edited by Moderator)
  5. LauraA

LauraA New Member

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about everything you're going through. But you are at the right place now as far as an outlet on how you feel and stuff you go through and for support, this is a wonderful site. I'm pretty new myself.
    You didnt have your profile done so i dont know where you live. Im in Virginia. Im 34,married,4 children and have had FMS/CFS and other health problems for 6yrs now. I hope your disability goes through quickly, i just got approved in August 2002. And that really takes alot of stress off of you.
    **I'll keep you in my prayers.**
    You asked about working from your home. Ive seen alot of "work from home" ads but none that looked legit if you know what i mean. Hey also re: your meds. Ive gone without my meds before too d/t finances (no RX card) and you just cant do that. It really messes you up. Like i said i dont know what state you live in but, here there are several places to get assistance w/ meds and stuff. Have you checked into anything like that??
    Well, i gotta go. I'd like to hear from you and how things are going. Just remember, try to look at some positive things in your life. Your children,husband,family,friends and that you are alive (even the days you feel 1/2 dead).
    I know its so hard to live w/ pain, fatigue, depression, anxiety and so on but you fight dont give in and let it all completly control you and take away your whole life. Live everyday to the fullest. Some days if i'm only able to get up and brush my teeth and my hair, or just take a quick shower then back to bed I have accomplished something that day. Know what I mean??

Talk later!
    **GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS**
  6. pooky

pooky New Member

I am new to this too! SOOOO much good info on this site!! Have you discussed free meds with your dr.? The drug companies (most of them anyway) have programs for free meds
    I think you have to be income eligible. Unfortuantely I'm not and we have an extremely high co-pay on Rx.The doctor fills out the forms and usually you have o pick them up at the clinic ,etc you go to. Hope this idea is usefull!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2002]
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

My attorney has advised me that I should not earn more than about $300 a month, average, while I'm waiting to hear about SSDI. I'm not sure I could pull that off right now, but just in case I thought I would mention it to you.

The idea is that if you are able to work while you are waiting for disability you don't need it. Of course the powers that be also claim that $780 a month is a reasonable income. I don't know what decade they are referring to, perhaps the 60's?

Barbara
  8. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi Joannie - I am so sorry to hear about your many health problems and understand that perfectionist person, as well as the person who can juggle, whistle and dance at the same time. I've been there, too, and tried just working 2 part-time jobs in a 2 year time period (after many years working for long periods, even 2 jobs) and also got very sick and had to quit. You are not alone. There will be days that are worse and days that are okay, but know that the people in here will be here when you need them. I am also investigating at-home work (real and not costing $100 to sign up) and I'll be happy to let you know if I find anything. BonBons
  9. Joannie

Joannie New Member

I just wanted to let everyone know I really appreciate your replies. I don't know if there is somewhere to post your profile so I will tell you some about myself.
    I am from Iowa, we have three children, two boys' 11 and 6 and a little girl who is 10. And a toy poodle. We are all very close and this has effected all of us. I find a lot of support through my family which lives close but they can't totally understand due to not having this DD. As everyone else here on the board knows.
    My husband is supportive of me thankfully.. I told him yesterday I had to quit my job because I can't handle it and he took it good. I am very lucky that this whole situation has not torn us apart although we have had our ups and downs.
    So, that is me pretty much.
    Thanks again for all the support.
    Joannie
  10. Lanie

Lanie New Member

This is what I do...I sell on Ebay. I have 2 kids that grow like weeds and I sell their outgrown items on ebay. It works out great, supplements our income to at least buy clothes, etc. for the kids and is kinda fun. I also pick up great buys and list them as well. It is a great way to clean the 'junk' out of your home too. One persons junk is anothers treasure and all. All you need really, is a little time, a digital camera and know the workings of USPS.
    Hope this helps!
    Lanie
  11. CJ-Tex

CJ-Tex New Member

I am lucky enough to work from home, it was a slow transition over the years because I wanted to be more available to our son. Now that I have some health challenges I am sure glad I did!

I hope you can find a good job to do while staying at home. A friend of mine is checking into typing books in braille. There is a cottage industry growing that does this kind of work. I think I even saw something about it on Oprah last year. Perhaps you could do a search for a business in your area that does this kind of work. Or if you are a fast typist, there are transcribing jobs out there also, where you can type letters or documents from tapes.

I just wanted to say HOWDY and wish you good luck and better health!

Keeping the faith makes things alright with me.
    C J
  12. herblady

herblady New Member

to look for the transcribing jobs. i used to be a medical transcriptionist for pathology. but that's very specialized. i can transcribe about anything though. i'll do any kind of homework though, can someone tell my how to find legit homework along with this? cindi

[ advertisement ]