New to board and thankful...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lone-wolf, Jun 23, 2003.

1. lone-wolf

lone-wolf New Member

Greetings, I love this site. I have been reading the postings for a few weeks now and really benefited from them. Great info and support. Learned alot and been encouraged.

I am 51 have had FM/CFS since my early twenties ... just got properly dx three years ago... not that I hadn't sought help for YEARS. I am also an agoraphobic and a socialphobic. Makes for a lonely life. Listening to everyone at this site has been a blessing. I live alone in a small town in NorthEast Michigan with six dogs.

I am on SSD took me five years to get the minimum amount a month... 552.00 that was three years ago and now I am being reviewed again and having to qualify to keep what little I have. Should have gotten much more a month based on my salary, but it took so long they said... oops, now you don't qualify for the amount based on my earnings.

When I recieved the first letter from the SS for redetermination in April the stress threw me into a flare that I am still battling. Most days going from the bed to the couch.. dogs make me move... lol Pain and fatigue doubled and anxiety is making me nuts.

Well, that's a little bit about me, thanks again to all who participate to make this board so much help.

Smiles, Karen
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks for the intro.,Glad to meet you and very glad you've found the board helpful! I became a member about a yr ago.I'm 40 and have had Fibro for 11 years plus~I also have bad disks in my neck and low back,and endometriosis.Makes for a funfilled day!!I'm sure you can relate! Hope to hear more from you and hope to be able to help you out with any questions.
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Glad you found us here! This board is the greatest for both information & support. I learn something new about FM (which is what I have) almost every time I come here.

I'm glad you have your dogs to keep you company. I have two cats that mean the world to me; the unconditional love that pets give us is worth everything. They never complain that we aren't doing more, or wonder why we aren't working, running, climbing mountains, or any of the other things the human world often expects of us. They never assume this is "all in our heads". No wonder so many of us here cherish our pets!

Glad to have you here, Karen---

Hugs,
    Pam

4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Karen, welcome to our world. Glad you decided to post and join us. Love your usuer name, I am a big fan of wolves, support one through a WildLife organization.

Another dog lover here, I have five, and you are right, no matter how bad you feel you will get up and feed, water, and let them out! Good therapy for us. They love us no matter how we look or feel. I have a 100lb white Boxer that will help me walk, get out of the bed, and stays by my side if I am going up or down stairs. She is a jewel, I also have a sweet but usless Pit Bull that is full of fun, loving but no help! If I am very sick, he tries to pull me out of the bed. Can't figure out his reasoning :)

I live alone part time, my husbands work takes him away from home weeks at a time, so its me and my furkids here more often than not alone.

I sure hope your review goes well, and hopefully you get a raise with it too.

What you mentioned is enough to put any of us into a Flare from Hell (as I call a stressful situation!).

You take care, try not to worry, and let us know how it all works out for you.

Again, a big welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl