New to Board andNew SymptomsWeak Arm, Dizziness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laurahud, May 28, 2008.

1. laurahud

laurahud New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the board but have had a dx of FM for about 6 years now. I've had ups and downs, flares, etc. but mostly have been ok. Mostly I have had pain and fatigue, achiness like the flu and also IBS and cystitis.

So, that seemed like enough to me (!), but now I am having a lot of shortness of breath, dizziness and also weird problems with my left arm. Tingling fingers (which I've read can be from FM) and weak, clumsy movement. I have to really concentrate sometimes to make my left arm do what it's supposed to. It feels like it's not attached to my body right or something. I've been dropping things and knocking things over, too. Thankfully, I'm right handed, but this is really starting to affect my work (librarian) and well being.

The dr. looked into the shortness of breath in the fall and found no cause for it (no pulmonary disfunction anyway). And then it went away in the winter and has resurfaced for spring.

I just wonder if this is all FM or not. I wish I could say that I think the dr. will be able to sort it out, but I don't.

Does anyone else have any of these symptoms... shortness of breath, dizziness or limb clumsiness?

2. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

The shortness of breath is typical of FM. Can be neurally mediated hypotention, POTS, or low blood volume. Your doc. is unlikely to know anything about these.

You may try drinking more, adding salt, or the herb licorice(not the sweet). Salt & licorice will put your blood pressure up, so be sure that you don't have high blood pressure before trying these. Cold showers are also worth a try.

Dizziness may be FM, but may also be something else.

The arm problem, may be from a neck problem, or else a neurological problem, however some people report such symptoms are from the FM.

Clumsiness can accompany joint hypomobility syndrome, which is more prevalent in FM & CFS, than the normal population.

Hope this helps.
  3. charming

charming New Member

I also take fibro multivitamins it give me a big boost for the 8 hours I work at night.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/29/2008]
  4. charming

charming New Member

my arm always hurt at the elbows which makes exstension and movements very painful.most of the time when that happen its a sign of fibro flare about to atack my body.when that happens my body be in pain for 2 weeks