NEW to board...dx:fibro,hives,yeast inf????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gran2, Sep 23, 2008.

1. gran2

gran2 New Member

I am 3 yrs post fibro/dx, psoriatic arthritis. the last few weeks I have had a yeast infection (haven't had one in years)twice...and have broken out in hives on my face.
    I also have DDD,bulging L4 and L5, and C3 and C4 have fused and calcified. I am 55 yrs old...and feel 65!

I take Effexor 75mg,2 BP meds,.25 xanax, and Tylynol PM.

what about the yeast inf and hives???
    is there something else I should be doing?
    I'm sure you guys get tired of this...please forgive me.
    I am so discouraged...and frustrated.
  2. annade

annade New Member

I have had several yeast infections in years past and currently have what my doc is calling a systemic yeast infection and am on Nizoral (similar to Diflucan) for three months. You might want to ask your doc about an RX for Diflucan or Nizoral. Hope it goes away soon.
  3. gran2

gran2 New Member

thank you for your reply...
    do you attribute the yeast infection to fibro??
    because I haven't had one in years...
  4. annade

annade New Member

I definitely contribute the yeast infection and active EBV to my overwhelming fatigue. I think it is all part of the picture. As your body is overloaded with viruses, fungi, parasites, etc... it starts to create havoc with your immune system which then can contribute to the development of CFIDS and Fibro. I have been RXed with both CFIDS and Fibro. SO hard to know what is what but right now I am trying to addresss the underlying conditions namely EBV and yeast overgrowth. Hope this info. helps,

5. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

For me I think the yeast causes the hives. Right now I am having a problem. Started out as some yeast on my skin in the private areas then the hives started on my stomach. I am taking diflucan. You have to watch though,if you scratch there gets to be a cycle which ends with more yeast then more hives etc.

You might also want to have your blood sugar tested as high blood sugar can cause yeast over growth.
  6. gran2

gran2 New Member

Thank you for your time to reply...I am going to dr tomorrow...and try to explain what is happening to if they don't think I am crazy enough!!!!

Sure nice to know I have found a great support forum.
  7. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

taking acidophilus and papya enzymes for a few months and my yeast is more under control than it has ever been in my life. You can get the acidophilus and papaya enzymes from a health food store.

Also, type yeast into the search window on this site and see what comes up.

Feel better soon.