new to board hi everyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jcdrep, Mar 1, 2003.

1. jcdrep

jcdrep New Member

hi i have had 3 years of chemo for lupus and that sent me into early menapouse and i find that even when i am not hot in my body from heat flashes i will drip from my head with sweat even in the cold anyone ealse having this problem and do you have any trix for the joint stiffnessthat does not require pills
  2. blast

blast New Member

Welcome to the board and u will be able to find all kinds of answers to all your questions.
    I, as well as you, have had the worst hot flashes I cannot stand them. I had a hysterectomy in Sept., and ever since then they have gotten so bad that I sweat continuiously.
    The hormone pills don't work, and I only gained weight from them.
    So, I need some help as well. Let me find out if u find any answers.!
    Again welcome!

Sherri
  3. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Hi there! You will find some great information and support here. It will help relieve some of your pain to know others share some things with you! I had 2 surgeries for endometriosis, a total hysterectomy at 34, and then a lap in 1990 where they found more endo and adhesions on my bowel. Although I have other problems now, I don't take any hormone replacements, but watch my calcium/magnesium and Vitamin E intake. I also sometimes take Remifemin for a few months. A friend from Germany recommended it and it is herbal and used widely there. Be well, peaceful, and know that God loves you. BonBons
  4. halogirl

halogirl New Member

I am also in menopause at the ripe old age of 39!!! Had breast cancer, total hyst..no hrt for me so I can get real warm...I was like that even before the hyst. I can break into a cold sweat...It is annoying..but probably FM related
    ..blast and BonBon it sounds like we have a lot in common.
    halogirl
  5. selma

selma New Member

Glad that you're posting. I'm prayying you get some help from here. The sweats aren't fun. Freezing ones ukks.
    The only good thing about them is that they go away before they come back.
    Hope you're feeling better.
    Love, Selma
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to the board. I have had hot flashes/flushes for more than 16 years. They had finally gotten less and less, but I will still wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat. It is truly miserable.

It went from menopause flashes to the Fibro flushes. I seem to be getting relief now that I am drinking half my body weight in ounces of water a day, along with a quarter teaspoon of Sea Salt throughout the day. I also take ZMA for sleep, and I think it helped too. I take natural vitamin E, which also is great for the menopause flashes.

Do you also have FM? I don't know awhole lot about Lupus, but we do have a board devoted just to Lupus if you would like to look in there too.

Just go to the 'Message Boards' link, and it will bring you to an index, just click on Lupus, it will bring you there.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope you get some relief soon.

Shalom, Shirl