New to Board....My name is Alane from Tenn...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alane, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Alane

Alane New Member

Hello Everyone, I'm new here,its good to meet you all.! I
    have CFS & FM. Was diagnosed about 2 yrs. ago but we feel
    I have suffered with it for before now....It has changed mywhole life, At the beginning It was hard to realise you
    had something that was so painful but were told there were no cures!!!I realize also you have to have a good attitude.
    I realized I was worth the effort, I felt better to just
    accept it and make it what you wanted it to be, Oh well ,I send you prayers and soft hugs to those that are hurting
    tonight. We all have to keep on trucking!!! See ya, Alane

2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

What a beautiful name! It sounds so poetic! It's nice to meet you. You really sound like you have a great attitude! I think it was easier for me in the beginning, when I was diagnosed, because I found out what was causing all my pain. But as the years went by I started having more symptoms and different things kept popping up. Next week I'm going for a sleep study. But I think we all do the best we can. This board is great and I've learned a lot here. Everyone is so helpful and supportive. And no question is considered too silly. We've all been there...... So come back and get to know everyone!

Annette2
  3. j9miller

j9miller New Member

It is great to have you. I am happy you found this great site. You will be to once you get reading and start to see all the informative material and the ideas people have to share. The support is great and the people are special ... you could not ask for a better site.
    I have FM. I was diagnosed in 2000 but have suffered with symptoms since 1987. I also have severe TMJ and have had two surgeries, one being a partial joint replacement, I need another but keep putting that off due to the pain I have from the FM. I also have two ruptured discs in my back, sciatica, hypothyroidism, PCOS (polysystic ovarian syndrome) and all the syptoms and problems that go with all of this. I take vicoprofen and topamx for pain. I see my primary care dr, a rheumy, a pain clinic dr, an endocrinologist, an oral/maxiofacial surgeon and the occasional chiropractor. I am married with two daughters. I try to exercise 3x a week, try to eat healthy (cheat too much), drink lots of water and try to sleep (only getting about 3 hours of that a day right now).
    I hope you find everything you are looking for here. I look forward to getting to know you. Again, WELCOME!!!!

Janine
  4. Alane

Alane New Member

Annette; I had the sleep study done several months
    ao and it was nothing to it. They said I have also
    got the Restless Legs syndrome. He said I jerked my
    body 113 times, and I do not go into rem sleep...so
    now I take ambien so I can get some sleep, My mind and
    body is so exhausted at night but my brain keeps on racing
    Now I try to get as much rest and sleep that I can...Hope
    your tests will go well.
    ALANE
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Thanks Alane. My study is next Friday - I know I have RLS and that I don't get the correct type of sleep. I hope they find something and can help me!

Annette2
  6. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

Hi Alane. This is a great site, full of info, caring and inspiration. Glad to see you are getting help with sleep! Hugs,
    Hayley in Knoxville
  7. ckahele

ckahele New Member

my sister is named Alane--after my father Alan. everyone always confused her name and called her Elaine which i'm sure has also happened to you.
    she'll be tickled to know she's not alone..
    i have fibro and have also thought that i've had it for years before recognizing it for what it is.
    right now i'm going thru a frustrating search to find a competent doctor.
    one thing i can totally recommend is that you realize that the treatment for this disease is very pro-active. in other words, you have to be very involved and remember: YOU KNOW YOUR OWN BODY AND SYMPTOMS BETTER THAN ANY DOCTOR..don't let them tell you it's all in your head.
    good luck...cyndy
  8. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Glad to have you on board.
  9. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

I'm new here as well, and the people here couldn't be nicer. Glad to hear you're sleeping better!

Hugs and God bless,

Cheryll

10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Alane, welcome to our world. What a lovely attitude you have.

Did I understand correctly, you have the 'racing brain syndrome' too?

I have had that for more years then I can remember, surely before they had a name for it.
    My husband watched me sleeping one night, he timed the times I moved, he said in an hours time, I moved 50 times, twisting, turning, legs moving, kicking, arms moving, shaking my hands, moving my head from side to side.
    I used to get brush burns from the sheets on my elbows and knees I was so restless. I even talked in my sleep (if you want to call that sleep).

My control for it, and the sleep problems is the following;

Xanax 7pm .25mgs (for the racing brain).

ZMA 9pm (zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B-6) for deep sleep, this supplement also stopped the RLS, and I rarely get spasms anymore.

Melatonin 1 1/2 mgs, before bed to help fall asleep.

Since starting the ZMA 17 months ago, I am sleeping 7-8 hours each night with no waking up all night long. What a gift from God for me.

So glad you found us, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  11. bamboo

bamboo New Member

it's just great to have another person join this wonderful community. i liked what you wrote a lot and hope we can look forward to continue to hear from you.
    good day to you!
    julia
  12. Alane

Alane New Member

Just want to say all the welcomes are so much appreciated!
    It is really encouraging to get to hear from people that
    can really understand, so many say wow, I never heard of that!!! I know when they say, you look so good, you must be
    BETTER, I say well, this thing is invisible and looks are
    deceiving;Ha Ha.
    I have a mentally disabled 31 yr. old daughter who is still
    in my care, mentally she may be around 7 yrs. She helps me
    alot but, still gives me stress...I feel its sometime nice
    to just have peace and etc. I pray daily for strength and
    patience to deal with this illness plus her needs...I can
    really honestly say Its Rough, but sometimes we just have
    to deal with what we have, simply no choices. I hope to be
    visiting yall alot, keep your chin up and know you are all
    cared for by lots of US!!God Bless you.
    Regards, Alane
  13. Nana61

Nana61 New Member

I'm another Tennessean. Glad to meet you two. I'm sure there are a lot of fellow Fibromites in Tenn but they sure are hard to find. I haven't met anyone personally yet. By the way , welcome Alane, hopw you enjoy this site as much as I do. There are a lot of caring people here. This is the one place we can come to for understanding and companionship. I love them.
    La Vergne (near Nashville) here, Jeanette
  14. tnnanatx

tnnanatx New Member

I'm also pretty new to board. I've learned a lot here. I'm also in TN Munford (out of Memphis)I'll be moving to TX middle of Sept(near Dallas). Hope to see many post from you. We have to accept this disease and learn how to live with it and never give up.

Soft hugs,
    Trudi
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2003]
  15. petfriend

petfriend New Member

Hi Alane:
    I'm also new to the board and have only been on here a few times. Just recently began to suspect I have Fibro because someone who knows about it said I should look into it because of my symptoms. I have already received some good suggestions and lots of support here and so happy to be here.
    Happy to meet you - Irene
  16. Mtnflower

Mtnflower New Member

I am Mtnflower from Alcoa,Tennessee ( 20 miles south of Knoxville). I am female,married, have 3 children and 6 grandchildren.I was diagnosed with fibo 25 years ago. I also have, depression, obstructive sleep apnea,rls,and osteoarthritis.

In all these years, I've learned that laughter makes you feel better and stress makes you feel worse. I choose to laugh. I take one day at a time and just keep on getting on.

Nice to meet you all. I am on the chat board quite a bit because of all the caring people I've met there. I invite all of you to come chat or post on the board.

This is the best site that I have found. Enjoy !!!

Mtnflower ( I love wildflowers)

[ advertisement ]