New to board & Need help with a healthy daily diet routine

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by staciegh, Sep 23, 2012.

1. staciegh

staciegh New Member

Hi,
    I have been diagnosed with CFS and Fibromyalgia since April 2000. This past year my fatigue has become much worse.

Can anyone please recommend or give an example of what you eat during the day? I am having trouble coming up with simple, yet affective meals and snacks that are beneficial to being so fatigue.

My diet as of now is terrible and I NEED to eat. Any help would be wonderful!!

Thank You!!
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Eat as clean as you can. That means shopping the perimeter of the store, and staying away from all processed foods. No sugars, no white foods, such as white rice, spaghetti, potatoes, breads, ect. Eat whole grains, veggies, fruits, and low fat dairy.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 13 years ago, and didn't really change my diet right away. It's a slow process, and it does take time, and it's hard to just change your diet over night.

I would start by changing one thing at a time, and work your way into it over several months. That way you won't send your body into shock.

My worst thing was sugar. I was totally addicted, so I had to just quit it cold turkey. It was the hardest thing to do. I now can have some, but I do limit my intake. Moderation is the key for me. But I do indulge when I want to.

Good luck....
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

A snack I like is cut up apples with almond butter or peanut butter.

For breakfast I love old fashioned rolled oats with a little butter & a sprinkle of cinnamon & ginger. Maybe a handfull of raisens.

I love fresh spinach --frequently I eat it fresh out of the bag when I'm in a hurry. I make spinach salads alot--tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers and chunks of cooked chicken. I rarely use salad dressing--sometimes I eat a couple of marinated artichoke pieces and use that for salad dressing.

I don't eat white bread--mostly cracked wheat bread or some other kind of 6 grain bread. I love scrabbled eggs and hard cooked eggs--good to have around to take to eat on the run with my bag of spinach.[This Message was Edited on 09/24/2012]