new to board --need info

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dimi1, Nov 10, 2002.

1. dimi1

dimi1 New Member

Hi I have been surfing this board for a couple of months and really like it.. I had been really doing well and then had a downturn.. anyway I found out on monday that the Dr. who helped me so much passed away.. I am devistated he was so good.. Now what do I do.. Is there anyone here from Louisville Ky who has any Idea of the Dr.s In the area that treat fibro... thank you... dimi1
  2. dimi1

dimi1 New Member

Hi I have been surfing this board for a couple of months and really like it.. I had been really doing well and then had a downturn.. anyway I found out on monday that the Dr. who helped me so much passed away.. I am devistated he was so good.. Now what do I do.. Is there anyone here from Louisville Ky who has any Idea of the Dr.s In the area that treat fibro... thank you... dimi1
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

I'm not from Louisville, but like you I was having a difficult time finding a dr. in my city that treats FMS . . . my PCP was clueless. So, I ended up calling several Phys.Therapy treatment centers, and personally spoke to several PTs who were kind enough to give me names of some local drs (some internists, some rheumatologists)who treat FMS. I am so sorry you lost your good dr. Good luck in your search for another.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome, I'm so sorry your doctor passed away; it's so tough to find any good, caring knowledgeable FM doctor, what a loss for you & his other patients. Have you checked for a local FM/CFS support group? You may not want to stick with it, not everyone's a "joiner" but I can tell you that they'll have good, local resources for you, the good FM doctors & therapists, etc. in your area--and which doctors to avoid. There is the Co-Cure Good Doctor list---do an online search for that---didn't help in my geographic area, but others here have found great docs thru that source. Best of luck to you, welcome to the board, it's a great resource.

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Demi, welcome to the board, sorry about your Doctor, same thing happened to me years ago. Its hard to replace a good doctor with these illnesses.

Have you tried the good doctor list? Here is the site; http://www.co-cure.org/Good-Doc.htm

Hope this helps, many members here have found a good doctor from this list.

Again, welcome to the board, and lots of luck with a doctor.

Shalom, Shirl