new to board please be gentle!!! lol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cocoa, May 30, 2003.

1. cocoa

cocoa New Member

suffer with fibro,looking for info on epidural spinal injections-can anyone help me out ?

tx, cocoa
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad you found our board, I am being gentle and trying not to frighten you !

Sorry, can't help with your question, but am sure others will be able to share their experience.

Again, welcome and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl

3. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Welcome! We are glad you are here, this board is a great place for tons of info and a lot of support. I can't help you out on the injections but if you go to the top of the page and punch in your topic in question and then push search any info in past posts will pop up. Also this sight has a great library to do some research. You will see it at the bottom of the page if interested. Also, there is a spot at the top of the page that says "New to the board?"
    click on that and you will get all kinds of info about navigating this board and rules and such. Again, welcome!!
    love, Rebel
  4. amaryllis

amaryllis New Member

I've had the epidural injections several times. What type of information are you looking for? Let me know and I'll be checking back to help you out as best I can, okay?

~A
  5. AC77

AC77 New Member

Everyone is great here. I don't think I ever heard a harsher word than jerk or ass on here being said at tops. And only occasionally do people argue, and even then, its a lot less severe than any board I have ever been to. The moderators are quick to get rid of spam and negative posts.

What info do you need on epidurals and what are your symptoms and what have you tried?

6. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

of the docs office in about 90 mins. For Gary it didn't help and he was one of the ones that had a bit more pain afterwards. There are also Facet injections but, Gary opted not to try.

We have heard from some that it was very helpful to them.

When Gary was going to get his done we searched the web, net, to find out the technical info.

Hope this helps some and welcome, Kim and Gary
  7. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

as well. No experience with the spinal epidural injections. Just wanted to say welcome. The board is full of useful information as well as many wonderfully supportive people. Best of luct to you. Tulip
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Welcome! I have had the epidural injections in my neck last summer (C5-6, 6-7 trouble). They were very painful for the first 24-48 hours, but I think it was because of FM; anything going thru layers of muscle is hard on us; my shoulders & back were very sore, but not at the site of the injection. However, after the recovery period, I really believe they helped at least 90%! I'm really glad I did them (I did 2; my doctor said people typically do anywhere from 1 to 3 of them, about 2 weeks apart). My brother-in-law (who doesn't have FM) did them & said they didn't help. I found them to be pretty successful!

Hope this helps some.....& again, welcome to our little group!

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

regaring the LESI's (lumbar epidural spinal injection) ...

I have had the series of three epidurals. They are of no use for fibro. I had them for spinal pain. They have not helped that pain either.

They do not hurt.

They may help you, though.

My doc recommends no more than 3 per year.
  10. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

to use the search engine. New members often ask the same question over and over and get few responses which leads them to believe others don't care. In truth, we have seen these questions sooooo many times many don't even answer any more. I would use the search engine first for various quesitons, symptoms, etc., to get as many answers as possible that have already been answered and then what you don't find put on the message board. I think you will get many more responses that way. Just my opinion. Take care and glad to have you.

Lynda B.
  11. cocoa

cocoa New Member

for welcoming me and to all who responded to my request.I'm searching for any and all info on the injections.What they entail,what they're used for,success rate?I was dxd with fibro 3 yrs ago and have been juggling my meds to ease the daily pain but don't think that's the answer.