New to board & reaching out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by canfish247, May 29, 2003.

1. canfish247

canfish247 New Member

Hi all...just found this site. I was diagnosed around 7-10 yrs ago with fms. Didn't think much about it at the time and just shrugged it off. My symptoms are memory loss, aches all over body, foggy brain, fatigue, insomnia and just a general feeling of the blahs. Does this sound like fms to you guys? I had ovarian cancer 4 yrs. ago, so I took 8 heavy rounds of chemo and thought that may be what my problem is and/or adding to it. I've been on antidepressants for about 7 or 8 yrs. I started with paxil and am now on 300mg of effexor. I'm 52 and feel like 100! Does any of this sound familiar? Thanks inadvance for any replies....

2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Hi
    I am 45, 16 years into Fibro and CFs and feel 100.
    Yes it sounds famliar.

I don't doubt your chemo took a toll on you.

You will find lots of good info here and nice people who really understand what you are going through.
    Take care
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to our world. Yes, I would say you sound just like a Fibromite, I have had this now for over 20 years. Long journey.

I don't know about the chemo. I seemed to have gotten this after a bout with pneumonia.

Glad to have you join us, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. canfish247

canfish247 New Member

Thanks for the quick response! It really makes me feel welcome and I appreciate it....canfish
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

right. Gary had a chemo for Pustular Phoriasis(sp). He started to have panic attacks then, muscle loss and got even more tired. We jsut found out that he has the testosterone levels of a castrated man and dur to this osteopenia. He now is taking HRT and Fosomax. Just wanted to jump in and say if anyone has had Chemo for any reason get your hormone levels checked. Gary's docs didn't figure it out. I did and if any men here even ones that didn't have chemo get your levels checked. approx 23% of men go into male menopause and symtoms are like womens. Our doc is now going to do this test with all his male P's and ones in there 40's.

Don't know if this helps at all but, thought it might help some. He had a bone density done first and then the docs did his levels.

Take care and thank you for this post, Kim