New to board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Theresa03, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Theresa03

Theresa03 New Member

Hello, I was referred here my the HR Manager at my work. I have gotten to know her quite well since my health insurance won't pay any of my Physical Therapy....up to $1,800. So no more PT for me :) I was just recently diagnosed with Fibro but have had the symptoms for over a year and a half now. Learing to take it easy every day. I have noticed that stress makes the flares so much worse! So trying to reduce the stress but it's kinda hard woring full-time, being a full-time grad student and trying to plan a wedding for next fall :) So I take lots of naps and go to bed early. I have been reading and posting previously on the Arthritis web site under RA. My symptoms also mimic RA....but since my blood work is normal I don't have it according to the doctor's.....but I meet all the criteria except for postivie blood work...go figure. Anyways, wanted to say hello and hope everyone has a great day!
  2. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Glad you're here. You have come to a great site. There is lots of information available, including references to good doctors (there's a tab on the header toolbar-thingie), and constant updates on the newest in news and medical advances relevant to FM/ CFS.

There are also lots of people here who know exactly where you are coming from. You have a LOT on your plate, and seem to have a good plan for keeping your life balanced and reducing your stress. If you ever need ideas or a sounding board, just to vent or if you want to share- come here! These are some of the most supportive, caring people.

Usually, if you post a topic, you will get loads of responses/ info. Occasionally (especially if your topic is very specific), a post will seem to go unseen. Usually that is b/c people read it, then feel like they really have no idea what to say, so they don't respond. Do not hesitate to move your post back up to the top of the front page of the board as many times as you need to to get a answer. This you do by posting a 'reply' under your initial post. Any message posted will get it there, but most of us just type 'bump' as both title and message.

I hope you get everything you are looking for out of this site- it IS the best!

BTW- if you ever wanna' talk about wedding plans/ ideas, you can do that too! That usually would fall under "OT" of off-topic (posts are often labeled as 'OT' as a courtesy to info-seekers), and we have one member in particular, who is a wedding planner/ consultant wanna' be (Just kidding Rachel!). But really, she planned her own wedding, reception- everything and most of it hand-made or well-researched so that it was the best/ least expensive! She gets really excited at the prospect of getting to help someone else. If you want to, you can 'page' her on the board by putting "ORACHEL" in your title. She will jump on it in no time!

Enjoy (and thank your HR Manager!)
    Lollie
  3. Theresa03

Theresa03 New Member

Thanks for the tips! Yeah, I've been searching the site and have found lots of great information. It seems to be a great place with people who understand :) I'm looking forward to reading other posts, learning and meeting new people.
  4. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

It has a lot of good info.- Glad you are enjoying the site!
  5. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

welcome! i am getting married in 4 weeks so i know how stressful that can be. we also found out that my fiance will need major surgery. yikes! anyway, everyone here is awesome. take care

beth
  6. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Glad you joined us

Blessings
    Christina
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Glad you took the recommendation! I know this board is a great help to me, and I hope it will be for you, also.

Take care,
    Sue
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad to meet you! Welcome to our board/support group. Is your HR Manager a member, too? I thought she might since she referred you here!

Wow, an $1800 bill for PT! I would discontinue it, too!

Sounds as if you have a lot on your plate now. All the stress will affect your fibro. Just pace yourself and pamper yourself, too!

You might still have RA if you have all of the symptoms, except for the positive blood work. I think my rheumy told me once that you could still have it even if the blood work came back negative.

Hope to talk with you more often!!

Hugs,
    Janet