new to board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fawng, Jun 7, 2006.

1. fawng

fawng New Member

Hi all, I am new to this board, I have recently been in alot of pain. Doctors started to diagnose me with fm, but I don't think that they take it seriously. I have had alot of testing done recently because of lower abdominal pain and back ache, but body pain has been an issue for the last year and a half. Neck pain, knee pain, leg pain, you name it, it hurts, and did I forget the constipation!!!! Within the last two week I have had an upper gi, lower bowel exray, blood work, urine test. Set to have an ultasound Friday. Along with a consultation for sleep Ap. On top of all this I have no thyroid. Doctors can no explain the pain, but by doing a little research, look like I could be the poster child for FM!!!! In the meantime I am in such pain, any suggestion from anyone would be helpful, I already am taking flexirol (did I spell that right) just don't like how tired it makes me feel the next day. I am glad I found this board!
    FawnG
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Fawng:

Welcome.

I take Flexeril, but also take two other painkillers and a sleeping pill. For me, Flexeril alone would not cut the pain.

Maybe doc can help you out with all of the pain. I hope you have an opportunity to work it out.

nyrofan
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Welcome to the board!!

Just wanted to mention that a balanced magnesium/calcium supplement will very much help with the muscle pain as someone else said....

But it's great for constipation too!! I think most of us take more than the recommended dosage.

Hugs and welcome,

Nancy B.
  4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

Fawn,

Welcome, and I hope you find information, helpful tips, and support here!

BigMama2
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

welcome to the board. You'll find tons of advice here. Many of us use supplements when possible in place of prescription drugs.

for pain I have recently started taking Ultram and Relafen. They seem to be helping more than the others I have tried.

Sorry for the reasons you're here, but glad to make your acquaintance.

Linda
  6. RunninCrazy

RunninCrazy New Member

I was just prescribed flexirol, but I haven't filled the Rx yet. Does it work? Do you like it? That's the muscle relaxer, right? Gah, too many to keep track of...