New to board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by STM0804, Jun 27, 2008.

1. STM0804

STM0804 New Member

Hello Everyone!!

New here to this board not new to fibro. I just had another flare (yea). I went to doctor who ran some more blood test, he says I have inflammation with fibro. Has anyone ever heard of this? Just curious.

Prayers for all who suffer from this crazy stuff.

2. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

hi sharon

i haven't heard of that before but that doesn't mean anything sometimes i forget what i hear.

i just wanted to welcome you to the board. sorry you have to deal with fibro.

God bless you

3. poets

poets Member

Welcome to the board. You'll be very glad you came here. It's a comfort to know that there are others who know just how you feel. Hope you stay with us.

4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Glad you found us, sorry you are not new to fibro!
    I haven't heard of what you are asking, just wanted to say a friendly hello!
  5. STM0804

STM0804 New Member

Thanks for the welcome!!!! Nice to know you are not in this alone!! I Think everyone thinks I'm crazy!! Oh well. Thanks for all the replys.

6. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hello and welcome to this club we didn't ask to join, Sharon, :-/.

Here's hoping the manganese suggested works for you. Also hoping you are not sensitive/allergic to anti-inflammatory meds, if that's what your dr orders up for you.

Keep coming back, it works and there are lots of us to keep you company...

7. tandy

tandy New Member

Yes,..I'm known to have inflammation much of the time with Fibro. My sed rate is usually,not always higher than should be. Sed rate measures inflamation. Mines pretty much around 40's-60. I guess normal is under 20.

Generally they say Fibro is'nt inflammatory,... although I've heard of quite a few of us here with inflammation higher than should be.
    I sure FEEL inflammed, with all the muscle pain.

Theres a product thats suppose to be good at lessening inflamation,its called FYI put out by garden of life. (FYI stands for, For your inflamation)

Their probiotics are excellent too. (Primal defense)
    kinda pricey thou~ But if something works/helps its worth every cent.
    Its just weeding out the useless products from the good products that takes time & money.
    hope this helps some~
  8. STM0804

STM0804 New Member

I hope this doesn't post twice. You know fibro fog (lol). Thanks for the welcome. Nice to know I'm not in this alone.

Answer for kjm. I am from Lexington SC close to Columbia.

God bless everyone!!!!!

9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I never heard of that but that doesn't mean anything. Just wanted to say HI and wwelcome to you.

You might also want to try the chit chat side of the board (not the Chat Room). Just click on Message boards and go down and click on Chit Chat. You can talk about almost anything except religon and politics. BTW, there is also the Worship board. You can vent, talk about what is going on in your life, share recipes or almost anything if you want to get away from the usualy FM pain and information about our DD's.

You can also check out the PORCH, which is in the Chit Chat board. Just look for Porchlights and or volume numbers and click on it. Sometimes it goes fast but you can post generically and no need to post to eeryone individually either. It is a bit of fun , frolic and fantasy. Lots of neat, fun and smart people on that board too. Oh, after about 30 posts someone will just change the volume number to make things easier to keep with and make shorter threads.

Just lurk around and see what interets you !!

Sorry for your flare and hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs and blessings,
  10. mommyofgem

mommyofgem New Member

I was put on Lyrica recently. I've been searching for an answer for quite some time now. No one has actually told me I have Fibro... but all have mentioned it. My recent Doc (when I asked what Lyrica will do) explained that I have a "Rhumatoidal illness manifesting itself in my body". I have had an increased SED and C-Reactive Rate for over a year now and he said that my Nerves are inflammed, and that Lyrica is a nuerotransmitter that will tell my brain to "uninflame" my nerves. Because my nerves are inflammed, they push on everything else and it causes pain. That's why my entire body hurts, because there are nerves all over my body. He explained what Lyrica will do well, but I'm still waiting for someone to actually tell me my diagnosis! So, good for you that you have one! LOL!
  11. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Welcome Sharon. Also welcome momofgem.

If interested I have a post on chit chat going on how you chose your PH name. If you feel comfortable,I would love to know how you picked them.

Again welcome,

[This Message was Edited on 06/28/2008]
  12. tonia1990

tonia1990 New Member

Welcome to the family!