New to Board

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by pec, Sep 28, 2004.

1. pec

pec New Member

Hi, I am a 56 yr. old woman in the midwest. I just had what I call a "bout" of fibro. I couldn't do much for 2 weeks this time because I hurt all over. I am told I need a shoulder replacement because of osteoporosis,I had a hip replacement 2 yrs. ago and this news kinda threw me into a tailspin. I am just glad to be able to converse and read about others that have fibromyalgia and understand the fatigue that goes with it. I don't know anyone else that has it.
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Just wanted to welcome you here. There is a message board for fibromyalgia and CFIDS. You will probably get more responses if you post there. I have fibro, endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, hypothyroidism, and irritable bowel syndrome. Whew-I think that's everything! Sounds like you have had what we call a "flare". I had one most of August and part of Sept. I know it's hard, but you just have to ride it out and rest more during this time.

I don't blame you for being stressed about upcoming surgery. I will be having a bladder implant surgery on October 15. If it works, then I will have the final and permanent surgery on November 12. The implant is so expensive they want to be sure it is going to work before they actually put it inside you.

Anyway, take care and check out the other message board.

Ellen
  3. Bearzie

Bearzie New Member

Hi PEC and welcome to the best source of info and support in the world! I have learned so much in the few months I've been hanging around both general health and fibro/cfids message boards.

I'm in Nebr. where in the midwest are you?

Take good care of yourself,

Susie