New to board

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by bea6407, Jan 11, 2011.

1. bea6407

bea6407 New Member

I have just been told I have FM as an added auto-imune problem to my Myasthenia Gravis (MG). Today I'm having a good day. Most times for the last 6 months I Just ache. Then there are days I know before I get up in the morning I hurt. On these days I feel Frail and tend to hunch my shoulders and do very little. The fatigue factor is bad enough with the MG, but adding this on top has been really bad. My poor house. My eyes are 'foggy'? Yesterday I got up and feeling well. Started to take the tree down, about an hour later my legs turned to water and I thought I wouldn't make it to a chair. My shoulders started to feel like lead and hurt. Is this FM? If this is as the Dr said 'beginning stages', what can Iexpect in the future?
    Thanks Bea
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. There are several boards at this site. See upper right hand
    corner. You might want to post on the FM/CFS board.

You can also read. See the top of the page for research, news and articles.

If you want to take a break from medical matters, check out the Chit Chat board.
    Folks there discuss kids, pets, TV, music, etc.

Rock
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I don't have FM or MG. But If you don't find the answer here on the ProHealth boards (either here on the Health Board or the Fibro board), the website mdjunction.com offers an individual Myasthenia Gravis Support Group and then Fibro help broken down into separate support groups as follows below, including a group for men, a group for teens and a group for families. You might find the answer there. Hopefully you may get help between all that are mentioned. Good luck.

Fibro and Chronic Fatigue Support Group
    FMS & CFS Forums
    Category:Muscles & Bones

Fibro Challenges Support Group
    Fibro Challenges Forums
    Category:Brain & Nervous System

Fibro Mates Support Group
    Fibromyalgia in the Family Forums

Fibromyalgia Support Group
    FMS Forums

Fibromyalgia & Lumps Support Group
    FibroLumps Forums

Fibromyalgia & Suboxone Support Group
    Fibro and Suboxone Forums

Fibromyalgia Teens Support Group
    Fibro Teens Forums

Men with Fibro Support Group
    Fibromyalgia Men Forums
    Category: Men's Health

4. gippergirl

gippergirl New Member

It sure sounds to me like you need to ask the doc about ME/CFIS...the fibro could be a part of that ...but some of the things you are describing sound like ME/CFIS...I have both and am sitting here on the computer for the third night of nosleep because the pain (achy, esoecially in my ancles and knees tonigth) is so severe I can't get to sleeep....
  5. garlinslady

garlinslady New Member

I'm new too. On the board that is. I've had FMS many years. It changes, but doesn't cripple. At least not me. Stay as active as you can, eat right, take your meds and/or sups. Read and listen to the good folks here too. I don't know about MG so can't offer anything there. Sorry you feel so bad. Oh, and keep your sense of HUMOR! Watch comedies, uplifting shows, don't isolate yourself. Even if you fell too bad to go out, call somebody!