New to board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LedaMoon, Aug 27, 2002.

1. LedaMoon

LedaMoon New Member

I don't have an offical diagnoises yet, but after weeks of living with pain and Vicodin not working i took myself to the ER tonight. The ER doc suggested that i have FMS. Now what? The ER doc put me on Percocet and Soma and told me to see my doc ASAP. Which i will try to do tomorrow. What i would like to know is what to expect. I'm a single mom and work full time as a nurse. Well i should say i'm employed full time, but here lately i've been using a lot of my sick leave. I guess you could say i'm scared. I have had little contact with FMS. I only know 4 people who have it. One is in a wheelchair, two are unable to work and the other is my mother...who BTW thinks her doctor is a quack and just made up the diagnoses to put her off. So you see what support i'll get from my family. Sorry this is so long. And thanks in advance for any and all information i get.
    <Barb>
  2. LedaMoon

LedaMoon New Member

I don't have an offical diagnoises yet, but after weeks of living with pain and Vicodin not working i took myself to the ER tonight. The ER doc suggested that i have FMS. Now what? The ER doc put me on Percocet and Soma and told me to see my doc ASAP. Which i will try to do tomorrow. What i would like to know is what to expect. I'm a single mom and work full time as a nurse. Well i should say i'm employed full time, but here lately i've been using a lot of my sick leave. I guess you could say i'm scared. I have had little contact with FMS. I only know 4 people who have it. One is in a wheelchair, two are unable to work and the other is my mother...who BTW thinks her doctor is a quack and just made up the diagnoses to put her off. So you see what support i'll get from my family. Sorry this is so long. And thanks in advance for any and all information i get.
    <Barb>
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. Sorry you think you have Fibro, it is no picnic as you must know since you know four people with this.

First you need to be diagnosed, then you will be able to get some help.

We have many nurses and medical workers here on the board. It is amazing how many have FM/CFS.

I have had Fibro for 20 plus years, and have been through the prescription meds, most don't agree with me. So I treat myself mostly with supplements and herbs. I am still on my feet, and have been about 80% better since I have found this support board at Pro Health here.

We have a lot of well informed people here, who are willing to share their experiences with you anytime.

You will need a doctor that believes in FM/CFS, that is a must.

I wish you luck, and hope the ER doctor was wrong, and that you have something that can be cured.

Let us know how you make out with a doctor.

Again, welcome to the group.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Check out the doctor referral on the home page & library (& if you haven't already click on the fms info above that...talks about symptoms & diagnosis. For me, finding info has been a great help, and also the members of this board are very caring and well-informed, so ask away.

Best wishes. Let us know how you make out. Michele
  5. majic

majic New Member

i've had fibro for three years. at first trying to find out what will work for you can drive you crazy. i work 40 hours a week. it takes a lot of research and a lot of trial and error. to find out what is the best for you. you can not look at others as what your fibro will do. we are all diffrent. research and keep a journal of everything. go to the libary here and read the articles about the meds and herbal remedies that might help. lots of good tips and knowledgeable people here. welcome to the fibro world. majic