New to Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gg60, Feb 15, 2003.

1. gg60

gg60 New Member

Hi Everyone; I'm ne to this board, so please bare with me while I learn how to use it. I have had ibro for two years and at times I feel like no one understands what is going on with me.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello! welcome aboard, glad to have you join us. You are right, very few 'normals' understand us, but we understand one another here, we are all suffering from the same 'Monster'.

Take your time with the board, you will get the hang of it, all of us have a few problems when we first get here.

Glad to have you join us, and I know you will be a vital member in no time!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Welcome aboard! Take your time to learn all about the "board", here- the rules; the Library is Full of Info! and the chat room will give you instant messages- usually 24 hrs...etc. Lots to do here! We all try to support one another; give advice on what has worked for us- e.g. diets, or med's, or suppliments, whatever.
    The best thing for me has been to Learn-Learn-Learn!! Be your own researcher, because your DR. may not have the time to do the study needed to diagnose/treat you properly. You can go to him full of the Info needed...and you can also teach others about your disease/s...it IS hard for them to understand.
    Anyway, I'm rambling! Welcome, again! We are a friendly, sometimes silly bunch who care for each other. Glad to have you with us!
    Fibromiester
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Everyone will understand you here! We all suffer from similar symptoms and also have endured that same lack of understanding from the general public. So, welcome here---you will get lots of great info about FM. I always say I learn something new every time I come here, and it's really true.

Hope to see you here again!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i'm still fairly new. this is a helpful place to come to. i keep feeling blown away that so many of us are going through fairly similar or even the same stuff. it helps me to know this and to learn from the board.
    pinkquartz
  6. gg60

gg60 New Member

Thank you kindly for all th reply's! Sorry I have been so long getting back to everyone, but keeping a six month takes a lot of energy, plus my daughter hadfemale surgrey Wed. and we like to have lost her. My daughter has urticarial vascuilites and a lot of the doctors don't realize how easy it is to go io shock after any kind of surgrey. Have any of you heard of this before! I do believe that immune problems run in the family gens, for I have a sister that also has an imune problem. Again thank you very much and may our Lord bless you each. GG60
  7. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

so, HI...it's the middle of the night here, almost dawn acutally, so i'm sitting here saying hi to all the newbies since i'm relatively new myself...you will get tons of support and info here as well as understanding about how the rest of the world views us.
    peace, hugs, god bless, camelgirl