New to Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrsfie, Mar 8, 2003.

1. mrsfie

mrsfie New Member

I'm new. I found the list with a Yahoo Search. I've been diagnosed with FMS about 1-1/2 years now by a rheumatologist and take Celebrex and amitriptiline. We recently went on a 2-1/2 week trip to a warm climate. When we returned to St. Louis I felt like I'd been hit by a Mack truck for 2 weeks. That's been subsiding but I am having stomach pain that seems to be getting worse. That's why I searched to see if it could be related. it's accompanied by bloating. I have also been so constipated I usually don't have a BM unless I take a laxative. I see my internist in a couple weeks and I'm sure I'll have to get a colonoscopy since I just turned 55. I had the flexsig 2 years ago and it was fine. I also had a c-section with my kids 25 years ago and it could be adhesions. But do you think these symptoms could be due to the FMS? Thanks for your response. Sharon

2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I have had FMS for five years but only found out what was actually causing problems about six months ago. I have IBS quite often and it does cause me to have stomach pain and bloating and contant running to the bathroom. Then the next day it might be to the other extreme I couldn't go if ya paid me. So what your having could be a syptom of the fibro. Of course its always good to discuss with your doctor what is going on and let him make sure there isnt something else going on. Best of luck to you and I hope you find some relief.

Hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. ozgran

ozgran New Member

I am a 65 yr old gran living in Oz. Just wanted to say welcome. I now know I have had FM for a number of years before being diagnosed a few months ago. Still having many problems but at least on this board you find someone else experiencing similar things and you feel more "normal".Love Ozgran.
  4. clueless

clueless New Member

I also have pain in my stomach and terrible bloating.IBS is a miserable side effect of fibro. I`m finding. As far as the trips ,it is getting harder and that mac truck hits me over every little trip I take. We are now in Florida and am dreading the trip north some thing terrible. Not certain we will be able to continue our winters in Florida. You work toward that goal and then this disease comes along and robs you of your plans. It is best to be checked out to be on the safe side of course it sees we do that a lot. Luck to you!