New to board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charisma1973, Mar 11, 2003.

1. charisma1973

charisma1973 New Member

Hi everyone. I am new here, just found out about this web site late last night. I have been trying to read, but with all of this information and 3 kids yelling at me it gets a little over whelming!

I was diagnosed in Nov. as having FMS/CFS. I know that I have had these symptoms for many years, but people made me think that I was a hypochondriac so I never asked any health care professional about what it could be.

I was hoping that I could get a list of questions together and post them on one post and anyone could give me any info they have. I am sorry if it is repetitive or redundant as I am sure they have been asked a million times, I just don't have the time with college/kids and everything to search and read for hours.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Charisma1973
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I have been diagnosed for about 8 years now and have had both longer. My best advice is to get educated about your disease and learn to listen to your body.

I hope you find support and answers here.

god bless

cathy
  3. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Hi Charisma1973,

Glad you found the board. I have only been here a few days. There is so much info that I have found in the past few days just from reading others posts that its hard to process it all lol. esp with the fog. I just wanted to stop and say hi and welcome. What ever questions you have someone has bound to have either experienced it or knows someone who has. We can all relate to the day to day struggles of dealing with family, pain, exhaution and all the other wonderful things that go along with this. I hope you find relief and again Welcome. Best wishes

hugs,
    Jeanna
  4. dghoover

dghoover New Member

Hi Charisma1973,
    I too I'm new to the broad but I have learned alot just by reading the other postings. The pain is no fun but you are able to cope more when you can talk to others that understands what you are going through. I hope you find all your answers here.

LOL DGHoover
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Chrisma, welcome to our world! We have many members here with young children, and I know they will be sharing their exeriences with you soon.

I have had Fibro for 20 plus years, and its really learn as you go! We have no one thing that seems to work for all of us the same.

You ask all the questions you want, we will try to answer them if we can. We all came here with questions, thats how we learn to cope and have a better quality of life than we had when we first got here!

Again, welcome to the board, and lets hear your questions!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. bejo

bejo New Member

Glad you found this site,and feel free to ask anything.We all have a lot of questions and someone usually has an answer or can direct us to where we can find an answer.Being newly diagnosed is scary because you don't know what to expect.I'll be watching for your posts.
    bejo
  7. fallingapart

fallingapart New Member

I am pretty new here too, and was very scared when I first started reading the posts.Since then I have read alot about FM/CFS and I am still pretty confused, but then most of us are it's a pretty strange disease, or whatever it is...!!anyway, the best thing to do is learn as much as you can and ask alot of questions. I myself am teaching myself to go alot more slowly than I use to, and do everything the doc tells me to(fortunatly I have a good Doc who listens to me(kinda rare with this DD). I also have young kids 11 and 13 girls whom I get to help me around the house!!(yeah right) lol If you have any questions or concerns ask away, there are alot of informative people here. You were lucky to hear about this site :)
  8. kadeedidit

kadeedidit New Member

I'm new here to. I've been doing lots of reading in here the last few days. Lots of good info and support in this site.

Research is the best key to treating FM......Its affects everyone differently. I was told when I first got it in 1990 that its not life threatening but the Doc's forgot to tell me that it changes your whole life.

I use to work up until 2 years ago and I just couldn't do it anymore. I applied for disability and with the help of a good Phychologist it went right thru.

Keep us posted on what goes on with you.......I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you post and look forward to hearing others responses.....
  9. charisma1973

charisma1973 New Member

I really appreciate the welcome and feeling like there are actually people that know what I am talking about!!!

We are going out of town until Sunday-spring break here...I will gather up my questions and be back Monday.

Again, Thanks!

Charisma1973
  10. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Love the title,
    Am not new to anything, wish I was. Had kids too, and there are days when I would ask myself "And I had these children because??" Only God saved some of them from a fate worse than death many times. Now, I think it is funny!
    Also had FMS for a long time, only not as bad as the past few years. This is a great place to get support both emotionally and intellectually, the library is greaaat! The people are too.
    Anything to help, we are only a post away.
    ~1maqt~