new to board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achaver, Apr 26, 2003.

1. achaver

achaver New Member

Hi everyone,

I was dx with cfids and fms several years ago.I think I had it much longer but didn't want to see another Dr and be told it was all in my head.The other Drs even had my ex boyfriend believe that..That's why he's my ex LOL

Is it ok if I ask questions of y'all about these DD's? I don't have anyone to talk to cause I don't want anyone to know what I have.I don't want any false pity or false sympathy.In fact I don't want or need sympathy,just talk to you guys who're going through the same thing.

I've done lots of research and maybe I can help someone here too.

well,thanks for letting me talk to you.
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

to a great message board. I'm glad you found this site. I've only been on it for maybe about six months, maybe longer, but it was a godsend for me. If you have any questions or concerns all you have to do is post them and you'll get lots of responses. Hope you will enjoy this board as much as I do.

Dara
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, glad to have you join us. We have many members that have CFS, and a lot of young people here also. I am sure you will find some lasting friends on the board, and get your questions answered too.

Ask all the questions you want, we will try to help.

I have Fibro, so will let the others with CFS share with you. Our symptoms cross over, but they are really two different illnesses.

Again, welcome to our world!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. achaver

achaver New Member

Thanks Dara for welcoming me here.I was a little apprehensive cause I'm a first timer.I've never posted before.I'm glad that this message board has helped you and widh you the best
  5. achaver

achaver New Member

Thank you for welcoming me to this board too.You said you have FMS and there's a difference between that and CFIDS.Well.I know there is but not sure what.both DD's have so much of the same symptoms,so more confused.There's no icon to express confusion LOL Suppose my questions should be directed to those who have both DD's

Thanx again for listening

6. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Welcome to the Board! So glad you found us!
    This is a great place to find support. This board is for questions and support relating to Cfids, and FMS...there is a chit chat board, for fun.

I have Cfids and FM, too...please feel free to talk away, we have many who are willing to offer support, discuss new treatments, and old, just people with the common bond of these disorders, in their quest for wellness, and in need of support.

Hope to hear lots more from you!

Best wishes, LL
  7. achaver

achaver New Member

I wish I could see what I'm responding to cuz my attention span is nil,brainfog? Thanx for welcoming me here and I do appreciate it.

So you're another one with both DD's.Can you really tell which is bothering you? I have both the fatigue and pain and I understand those with only FMS also get fatigued.I can't tell the difference and not even sure if it's that important.Guess you could say I'm really messed up LOL But I am a fighter and may land a punch or two at our invisible DD's.

Like your nick LL

where's the chitchat board,achaver
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2003]
  8. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Hi there! Welcome to the board! You will find this board to be a huge help with info and support. You should fill out your profile so that you can let us know a little more about you! If you have any questions, just let us know!

Kathryn
  9. leokat

leokat New Member

welcome.

I'm sure you'll find that lots of people here are only too happy to help/'listen' to you. There is a lot of good information to be found on this site too.

leo
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have both FMS and CFIDS and have found that although there is a huge area of overlap, the CFIDS is the more debilitating of the two.

Because of this overlap, I believe we can benefit from all the info and questions here.

Love, Mikie