New to boards but not FM.....I have an FMLA issue.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrowendy, Oct 14, 2002.

1. fibrowendy

fibrowendy New Member

I apologize in advance for such an abrupt hello but I am so angry right now I don't know what to do....any help would be great!
    I am a little upset with the way HR has been treating me since my FMLA was approved last week. Sorry for the coarse language, but I feel that I have been majorly screwed over and lied to.
    Just before lunchtime...an hour ago, I get this email from the benefits HR person telling payroll that I should only get paid for 64 hours this paycheck ( I get paid bi-weekly)!!!! Hmmmm.....lets see....40 plus 33...that equals 73 according to my math. They are trying to screw me out of money!
    I just knew this was going to happen. After they told me I couldn't make up hours on this past Saturday, I busted my hump to work 2, 12 hour days in a row on Thursday AND Friday! I paid for it all weekend and now I won't get paid for it! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! As soon as my boss gets back from work, I am going to have a word with him and see what he can do. I know that he is busy but I wanna get paid darn it!
    Its just one more thing that I feel I have been lied to.
    First, HR doesn't feel I have enough of a reason to change my hours...they want MORE documentation from my doctor using my Job Description.....which I don't believe exists in writing. I asked for it and never got it! How can I have my doctor write more details if he doesn't have anything to work with.
    Second, I can't even move my hours to make up some during the weekends. I used to be able to no problem...not now I guess.
    Third, this malarky about the hours thing that I wrote above....

Why do I feel like they are trying to make me leave????
    Does anyone have any advice or help to offer....I don't know what to do short of explode at this point.
    Fibro/myohugs, Wendy
  2. fibrowendy

fibrowendy New Member

I apologize in advance for such an abrupt hello but I am so angry right now I don't know what to do....any help would be great!
    I am a little upset with the way HR has been treating me since my FMLA was approved last week. Sorry for the coarse language, but I feel that I have been majorly screwed over and lied to.
    Just before lunchtime...an hour ago, I get this email from the benefits HR person telling payroll that I should only get paid for 64 hours this paycheck ( I get paid bi-weekly)!!!! Hmmmm.....lets see....40 plus 33...that equals 73 according to my math. They are trying to screw me out of money!
    I just knew this was going to happen. After they told me I couldn't make up hours on this past Saturday, I busted my hump to work 2, 12 hour days in a row on Thursday AND Friday! I paid for it all weekend and now I won't get paid for it! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! As soon as my boss gets back from work, I am going to have a word with him and see what he can do. I know that he is busy but I wanna get paid darn it!
    Its just one more thing that I feel I have been lied to.
    First, HR doesn't feel I have enough of a reason to change my hours...they want MORE documentation from my doctor using my Job Description.....which I don't believe exists in writing. I asked for it and never got it! How can I have my doctor write more details if he doesn't have anything to work with.
    Second, I can't even move my hours to make up some during the weekends. I used to be able to no problem...not now I guess.
    Third, this malarky about the hours thing that I wrote above....

Why do I feel like they are trying to make me leave????
    Does anyone have any advice or help to offer....I don't know what to do short of explode at this point.
    Fibro/myohugs, Wendy
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

How about, You write out your Job Discription and give it to your Doctor, then he would know from you what it is that you do. Also you might add a statment telling the Doctor what you can't do and why.

Don't get Mad tho, dosen't help and will just put the Boss on the Defensive.

I know what you mean about a job trying to get rid of you when you are sick. Happened 2 times to me, and at one I was the Union Shop Steward. I just Quit, it wasn't worth the Hassel.

Found another that was better for me and my conditions, but even that came to an end. So I went back to school, became a Photographer and set up my Own Business, Darn if I didn't have to "Fire Mysself."

Stick up for your right's, als do you have a local Labor Board, sometimes a letter from them about Hours that you worked, but wasn't paid for, does a quick turnaround.
    Did that a few times. Always Know your right's, if it's work or your Health, your the one who pay's in the end. huh?

Hope you get some saffaction from your Boss.
    Good luck and God Bless you
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  4. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I don't have time to respond completely, but California (and maybe some other states) have family leave acts that are stronger than the federal FMLA. (I'm assuming you were referring to the Family and Medical Leave Act, but if not, as Emily Littella would say, "Never mind.")

I'll try to give a more complete response later, but I have an appt with my doc this morning.

--Laura R.M.

5. fibrowendy

fibrowendy New Member

I live in Massachusetts and I believe that this state just follows the Federal Guidelines.....I just feel like crying at this point.
    Thank you for responding so quickly.

Fibro/myohugs

Wendy