New to boards, have both cfids and fibro., need support!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alisa, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Alisa

Alisa New Member

Hi,
    My name is Lisa, I'm new to the boards, but old to fibro.and cfids. I have been out of work for over a year, and I thought I'd be back by now, however, these syndromes have minds of their own! I miss work, and being a "normal" person! I have 3 children, 21, 15 and a 12yo daughter. The two older kids are boys. I have had fibro. for 7 years at least, and cfids for 3 and one-half! When I first got the cfids, I thought I was dying, and I still feel that way when I get a "flare up", is it just me, or does everyone feel like the life is being sucked out of you during a flare up? It's a very scary feeling and it has caused a deep depression in me, which I'm fighting to overcome! I also am not giving up yet on being able to go back to work! I am a nurse, and they say that nurses and doctors make the worse patients, they are right, I'm a horrible patient!! I still refuse to give up! If anyone can relate to my feelings, please email me, I'm not always comfortable on the boards yet. My email address is Lisamuffin5@aol.com
    Sincerely, Lisa
  2. Alisa

Alisa New Member

Hi,
    My name is Lisa, I'm new to the boards, but old to fibro.and cfids. I have been out of work for over a year, and I thought I'd be back by now, however, these syndromes have minds of their own! I miss work, and being a "normal" person! I have 3 children, 21, 15 and a 12yo daughter. The two older kids are boys. I have had fibro. for 7 years at least, and cfids for 3 and one-half! When I first got the cfids, I thought I was dying, and I still feel that way when I get a "flare up", is it just me, or does everyone feel like the life is being sucked out of you during a flare up? It's a very scary feeling and it has caused a deep depression in me, which I'm fighting to overcome! I also am not giving up yet on being able to go back to work! I am a nurse, and they say that nurses and doctors make the worse patients, they are right, I'm a horrible patient!! I still refuse to give up! If anyone can relate to my feelings, please email me, I'm not always comfortable on the boards yet. My email address is Lisamuffin5@aol.com
    Sincerely, Lisa
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Dear co-sufferer,

I, too, am a nurse who is so tired of the pain and fatigue, not to mention the anxiety, agitation and depression. Sometimes I feel so sorry for myself: now is one of those times! I'm still trying to work fulltime in a longterm care skilled nursing facility, but I don't know how much longer I can hold on!
    I understand everything you've said and I will offer you my support always. Be aware that everyone here is on your side and want to help you. We may not always be able to advise you, but we can empathize!
    Any time you feel alone, write us and we'll reply.
    Keep the faith, sweetie!
    Be well,
    Kady
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Lisa, welcome to our world! Yes, I think many of us think our time has come when we are in a flare. I have Fibro, and I know when the pain, fatigue, etc get really bad, I have been know to say;' this is it!'

Well, after going through this for 20 years now, I realized that it is 'not it'!

We have many medical professionals on this board, many nurses alone.

You sound like a fighter, so the have part of it already whipped, as for depression, I think some of us are just so frustrated that we can't live our life like we did before, that it causes us to be depressed. Just keep that fight going!

These boards are friendly, some great people, who are well informed, and most of all very compassionate toward one another. We try to keep it this way.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope you get to feeling confortable posting here.

Shalom, Shirl

5. donmia

donmia New Member

Hi Lisa
    Welcome to the board. Im fairly new here too. I also have 2 sons and a daughter. and Fibro and connective tissue disease.lol. There are lots of great people out here. We all get depressed at times. I try to fight it for the most part but, sometimes it gets the best of all of us. My email is donmia@nep.net.I also still get a little confused with the boards. Sometimes i answer one and the next day i forget where it was. I am also out of work for over a year .i miss it too. I was a nurses aide.Feel free to email me anytime.You will meet lots of people here and get lots of advice and encourement.
    Donna
  6. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

I love it here! It is so comforting to know you’re not alone. Most everyone here is full of information, advice, kindness and support. I try to keep up with the postings but, whew, there’s so many!!

I’ve had FM for 9 years. I work full-time (although only out of necessity). I don’t how I make it through most weeks. My husband and I are financially strategizing on reducing my hours soon.

My warmest welcome to you!

-Shoobie
  7. Deana

Deana Guest

Hello,
    I became aware of this board in 2000 and was on alot then had alot of things going on and couldnt post.

I know how you feel at first I wasnt comfortable talking to anyone voice wise or on the board and then I realized we are all on the same boat us against the so called normals but for all of us were the normals.
    You will find there are lots of people here that will give you support,comfort,suggestions and knowledge.

For me the depression thing I think that I shrug it off and think I can snap out of it but I know its there lurking like the next flare up.
    Good luck to you and if not now you will get comfortable here.

Remember the boat is here and like no other boat we always have room for more, Lots of good wishes your way.

Deana