new to boards

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daisies88, Aug 10, 2005.

1. daisies88

daisies88 New Member

Hello, I have read many of the great articles, letters in your message boards. I have fibro, arthritis, facet disease, spinal stenosis, asthma,Lupus, and other things, am 52 and retired and care for sick husband with Leukemia. I have learned so much from all of you abt this awful painful condition (dx with fibro in June). thank you so much for being there. God Bless you
  2. nina2

nina2 New Member

Welcome!
  3. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

You will find lots of information here and meet a lot of great people.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2005]
  4. yuckie

yuckie New Member

I too am new and have really appreciated all of the information and support on this board. It sounds like you've got your hands full. I'm curious, when were you diagnosed with Lupus? Do you find that Lupus and Fibro are alot alike? It's been hinted at that I may have lupus so I'm a bit curious.
  5. MissKitty05

MissKitty05 New Member

Hi daisies88, I'm new to the boards as well.
  6. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Hi Daisies88

So glad you found us. You wll find alot of love and understanding here. We all have so many ailments that this site is a Godsend to us.

I admire you, being so ill and taking care of your sick husband too. That is very hard.

I use to take care of my elderly mom and dad but it became too much for me, I just couldn't do what they needed. I tried for 3 years but finally had to put them in a Rest Home. Thank God they are happy there so that gives me some relief. We all wish we were healthy and able to do the things we use to do, but we take it one day at a time.

Please feel free to post whenever you feel the need to, we will respond.

God Bless.

Hugs,
    Francey54
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Welcome...the more the merrier! Sounds like you have a full plate right now, so I'm glad you've found some help and company here. My best wishes for both you and your husband during this time.

Sue
  8. suzyp51

suzyp51 New Member

nice to have a place to go to discuss the terrible achiness...my family & friends do not understand....
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

Glad you found our message board/support group! We've had a lot of new members lately.

I'm close to your age. I'm 54, retired after 30 years of service with the same corporation, have fibro, systemic lupus, Sjogrens Syndrome, Raynauds Syndrome, severe arthritis all over, osteoporosis, diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, heart problems (congestive heart failure, I have a dual chamber pacemaker, an enlarged heart, heart murmur, bradycardia, supraventricular tachacardia, and atrial fib), back problems (degenerative disks, buldging disks, thecal sac effacement, bone spurs, paramedian disk herniation, severe spinal stenosis, facet arthropathy, compression of nerve root, and a pinched nerve that is causing numbness in leg and foot), high blood pressure, high chlorestrol, migraines, TMJ, GERD, and asthma. There are a few more, but I stop for now!

Many of us here have many problems in addition to fibro and cfs, which make us even more complex!!!

I have been retired since age 48. I took an early retirement due to my health. I had 30 years in but I really wasn't old enough; however, the corporation was downsizing and was asking for volunatary retirements and layoffs. Since they were doing that, they gave me enough points to match their magic formula so I could qualify for "early" retirement. I had to take a 25% reduction in my pension, but I had no choice, I just could not make it any longer. I am also on SSDI. I filed for it one year after I retired and got it on my first try!

I have 3 adult children and my husband is still working, but contemplating retiring soon.

I am certain that your husband appreciates you taking care of him during his illness. I retired just in time to help my mother take care of my father who was in end stage renal failure and was on kidney dialysis. The kidney dialysis was an absolute nightmare for my dad and caused him so many painful complications. He withstood dialysis for 18 months before he passed away. My mother was in her early 70's and not in the best of health while she took care of him, and during her time caring for him, she had a heart attack. Then I had to step in and help out more.

When you have a chance, you might want to complete your bio in your profile to let us know a little bit more about you. You don't have to be real specific, but can put what state or country you live in, etc. If you want to read other people's bio's, when you see their name in the left column of their post or reply, just click on it and it will take you to their bio. A lot of them have their pictures, too. I don't have my picture in mine, because I don't know how to do it!!

Take care,
    Janet
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2005]
  10. daisies88

daisies88 New Member

Hi yuckie, thanks for reply . i was dx with lupus abt April of this yr, fibro shortly after. Yes the symptoms are similar. I have the blood syndrome with Lupus, can make blood thicker and can clot easier than normal, also the rashes, seem to have it mild compared to most I've talked to. Still learning about it, like the fibro. Have other things for yrs, (arthritis and spine), these others fairly new. all a bit overwhelming. thanks for your concern and friendship.