new to boards

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by rosebud2, Dec 21, 2008.

1. rosebud2

rosebud2 New Member

Hi all: I am a cfids person who just started valcyte over a month ago. I have read many of your posts and find them all very interesting and helpful. I developed ebv, cmv and hhv6 over 13 years ago and it was under control with valtrex, transfer factor and supplements, - until i began working in a moldy office --- then i became so ill nothing worked. In my fifth week of valcyte I am experiencing severe sore throats, headache, some anxiety, fatigue and depression. My question is: do antidepressants help with the depression or is it useless to even try?

thanks all for your input.

rosebud2
  2. charming

charming New Member

Merry Christmas I am not a doctor But check with your doctor and discuss all the medications you are on and then see if you want to give the antidepresssants a try I tried just 2 kinds in 2003 one didnt agree with my bladder and the other just made my condition even more CFS so I stopped taken them all together in April this year . but I am on other medications that seem to help me , But I discussed it over with my doctor before just stop taken the antidepressants.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Hi there,
    Are they useless to try? Absolutely not! Since it sounds like you're open to them, but just wonder if they work, I'd say definitely ask your doctor about them.

It's all about finding the right one for you. I would say that probably 7 of 10 people that I know have been on or are currently on an anti-depressant. All very 'normal' people.

They can make the grass a little greener, make you less anxious, lift a dark cloud if that is what you're feeling, but like I said, sometimes it takes a couple of tries to find the right one, sometimes you'll find it on the first try.

They do take a couple of weeks to get in your system and start working.

Definitely discuss with your doctor!!