New to community

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RockiAZ, Mar 14, 2006.

1. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hello! This is my VERY first time in ANY type of message board or chat room, so I'm unfamiliar with procedures. I know we all have our own lengthy stories, so I'll sum this up as: I just turned 45 and have Fibro & CFIDS going on 6 years now. Was able to work on and off until March of last year. Now homebound, get out once in a while on my "good" days, lost some of my "friends" and have been all over the Internet searching for more info on how to cope, feel better, etc. (which I think I'm handling okay for the most part with the unconditional love and support from my hubby and HUMOR!) Would love to participate in this forum and look forward to "talking" with you all. Thank you!
  2. jvrealty

jvrealty New Member

hi rock
    welcome. you'll find a wealth of info here and nice people too. believe be, there is someone with your same symptons, just read, read and keep reading. i too am 45, dx in 12/03. lost my career as claims adjuster for 25 years...now working with children and lovin it. i won my ssd case in jan, after applying in march 04. ssd rated me 100% disabled due to severe fibro ..... this is great, now i can do something i luv.....working with children and leading a less stress free life. look at my bio and my other replys to see if there is anything there that may help you. i live in southern california.....

have fun browsing, which is what i do most of the time. if you have a question, just post it and someone will respond......

jv
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Your story sounds very familiar, sorry to say. I'm glad you found us because you will get lots of info and lots of support.

Take care,

Sue
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Too ill to say much except welcome today.

Love Anne C
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

welcome to the board!
    You found the best site out there (in my humble opinion:).
    Lot's of fun, caring, helpful people here.
    Enjoy!
    Claudia
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Nice to meet you, hope you come back often. My mama is in Green Valley Az.....

Hugz,
    Tona
  7. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

This is a wonderful place for information, support & if you need it - just to vent. Sometimes it feels good just to "get it all out", if you know what I mean.

Take care!

Leanne
  8. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Sorry that you have to be here with the rest of us, but it's always nice to know you're not alone. I am pretty new here for posting also, hope you feel at home.

Take care.
  9. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I just noticed that I never welcomed you. So, Welcome!

I just read your profile and we have some in common. The biggest being our location. I live near by and am moving into Scottsdale in two months. I would be interested to hear if you have found any support groups and what docs you might recommend.

You can read my bio to learn a bit about me if you'd like.

Glad to meet you!

Sofi