New to FM Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bea6407, Jan 13, 2011.

1. bea6407

bea6407 New Member

I have just been told I have FM as an added auto-imune problem to my Myasthenia Gravis (MG). Today I'm having a good day. Most times for the last 6 months I Just ache. Then there are days I know before I get up in the morning I hurt. On these days I feel Frail and tend to hunch my shoulders and do very little. The fatigue factor is bad enough with the MG, but adding this on top has been really bad. My poor house. My eyes are 'foggy'? Yesterday I got up and feeling well. Started to take the tree down, about an hour later my legs turned to water and I thought I wouldn't make it to a chair. My shoulders started to feel like lead and hurt. Is this FM? If this is as the Dr said 'beginning stages', what can Iexpect in the future?
    Thanks Bea
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

to the board bea :) hate that you have to use a fibro board but glad yo found us.this is a good site to find out info, or just vent, were always here.

i have a friend that has MG, he was having a pretty hard time, but had the surgery for it and is much better now.
    fibro like MG is a day to day disease. like forrest said like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.

some days are ok, some are crummy, some are miserable. you might want to investigate PEM also, ( post exertional malaise) its quite common for us.

if your inclined that way, i'd like to put you on my Prayer list. and once again welcome to the board

{{HUgs}} Kat
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so glad you found this site but I'm sorry for the reasons you are here. I'm an old timer here and I think this website is great. Our members are caring, supportive and knowledgable. Also, they are generous with sharing. Everything which has helped me over the years is something I learned of here.

Love, Mikie
  4. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Sorry to hear you have both FM and MG. Hopefully you can find more answers here. There are alot of informed people on the board and as different things are happening to your body you can ask so you may determine the difference between the two (hopefully) also you can use the search engine to find old post to help you out. FMS as most of us believe is progressive yet all of us seem to progress at a different rate so we are individuals as far as that goes. Stressors in life and other medical problems can add to the problems. It would be difficult to predict your future as that will depend somewhat on you and your medical issues. However, the people on this board will be here for you to support you during your good times and your bad times as we like you understand what it is like to have FMS. Good luck and welcome.