New to FMS: suffered 3 years before diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by refinnej, Jul 10, 2003.

1. refinnej

refinnej New Member

I live in WI, the doctors here have a real hard time with the diagnosis of FMS, one md told me to go see a shrink, said he can't find anything wrong with any blood tests or x-rays or mri's, sd i needed help in other areas. so i went to a psychiatrist, he put me on lexapro symptoms are still pretty bad, I do not like the weakness that i feel, i feel as if my body will collapse sometimes and the hip and leg pain i have is sometimes unreal, i need to be in this support circle......I have no one to relate to here, I need to find a MD who will help me out when i need it!!!!!frustrated!!!!
  2. insomniac1

insomniac1 New Member

Hi just saw your post and wanted to say hi from wisconsin i live in milwaukee. i have had symptoms for years now too in sept. 2001 i had a major back surgury and my symptoms got worse. last november my doc said i had chronic fatigue. and sent me to pt. things got progressivly worse and i went back in jan. after doing some tests and a new doc. they dx me with fibromyalgia. the md i have now is wonderful. she will run any test i ask for i have had just about them all ive gone to a sleep center. been checked for cancers, lyme, lupus, all the arthritisis. any ways there are to many to mention here. but the point is she will run any i ask her to and i read up alot on differnt one to aske her for . the only thing that has come back positive on me is the connective tissue panel and my titers are 1-40 every 3 months she repeats the tests. i have good days and bad ones. i am on hydrocodone, a multivitamin and prozac. these seem to help somewhat but i ache so bad. well sorry to make this so long. i just want you to know your not alone and if your in the milwaukee area let me know and ill give you my docs name she is really a good one take care kris
  3. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

I'm sorry to hear that your doctors don't "believe" that FM is a real condition. It took me a while to find a doctor who would listen and eventually, with his help and support, I was diagnosed with FM. It also took me a while to find a good rheumotologist. My doctor takes a multi-approach to the syndrome. What you can do is go online and look up rheumotologists in your area who are experienced in treating FM. I am taking 10mg of Flexiril per day, a muscle relaxant, to help relieve muscle pain and to help me sleep. I also go weekly to my doctor for intravenous nutrients, which is a mixture of minerals and vitamins, and this helps to give me more energy. I have good and bad days but, if I wasn't on the Flexiril and IV nutrients, I would be ill everyday. I hope this helps somewhat.
  4. refinnej

refinnej New Member

I would like the name of your physician, today i got a second referall to a neurologist and hopefully he will run some more tests>>>>>mri of lower back hopefully also my spine feels weak like i have a stretching feeling constantly which really bothers me thank you for your support
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Welcome to the board. If you want support, make some friends who can share with you, then you have come to the right place.

Good to see you already heard from someone in your own state.

Glad to have you with us, and hope we hear from you often.

Again, a big welcome to you.

Shalom, Shirl