New to FMS with lots of questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Abbycat, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Abbycat

Abbycat New Member

I'm new here and have mostly been hanging out at an RA site but have been having more and more FMS symptoms lately. I really like this site. You all seem to talk about everything. My problem is that I don't really know much about FMS and my rheumatologist is only interested in treating my RA. She makes me feel like fibro is something that is in my head. How do you find a doc who is willing to work through the endless symptoms and side effects of meds? Where are the FMS doctors!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Abbycat
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Welcome to the board Abbycat! I love your name....I once had a cat named Abby, short for Abercromby.
    Cindy
  3. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome! Maybe you could find someone different to see you for your fibro. I see a nurse practitioner who specializes in it, so she understands. I have gotten the same treatment from many doctors who just keep trying to treat me for depression. I keep telling them I wouldn't be depressed if I could get over being so tired! Anyways, I hope you get some relief from your symptoms soon, have a good night! Kim