New to Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaBarbara, Jul 28, 2006.

1. PaBarbara

PaBarbara New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the group and have had fibro for 8 years, could have even been longer and I didn't know it. I also have degen disk desease, osteoarthritis with on going surgeries. Among the 17 surgeries I had I had a disk fusion on my cervical spin (C5 and C6), which went great.

My biggest problem is the fibro. . . I can't take anti-inflammatories or steroids, which really limits my options to pains meds. I have become ammuned to almost everything at this time. Right now I'm on Fentanyl 100 and 25 patches (changes every two days) - Cymbalta 60mg in morn and 30mg at nite - Restoril 30mg at bedtime to help me sleep - Neurontin 600mg 3 x's a day - Morphine 20mg 4 x's a day. These meds are just about helping me! I don't know what the future will bring. 1-1/2 years I was in a car accident which I didn't have to take 1/3 of the meds I am taking now, but the accident flared the fibro up badly, plus I had to get some shoulder surgery.

Well. . . . . It's a pleasure to be part of you group and if anyone can add some helpful advice or I can help any of you please feel free to contact me.

Take care everyone,
    Barbara from Northeastern Pennsylvania
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  2. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Welcome to the board!

I do want to tell you though that you should remove your email address because it is against the rules to post your address on the message boards.

You can however exchange emails in the chat rooms if you want to.

How do you like the Restoril for sleep? Does it seem to help?

Glad to have you apart of the board!

((HUGS))

kate
  3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

Welcome to the board - I hope you find both useful information and emotional support here.

You might like to enter magnesium in the search engine on this board and see what other people say about it re. helping with pain relief. Who knows - it might help.
  4. PaBarbara

PaBarbara New Member

Hi Kate,
    Thanks for ther advice on the email address, I changed it.

As for the Restoril, so far it is working great I have been on so many different kinds like. . . . Ambien and Sonata.
    I was on a lower does and it wasn't working so well but the 30mg must be doing the job. <smile>

Take care and thanks for the advice!
    Barbara from Northeastern Penn
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Lots of good stuff here: info and opinions on meds, supplements; friendly people.
  6. TAM

TAM New Member

HI Barbara,

I just want to welcome you, i'm sure you'll end up liking this board there are alot of nice and understanding people here who know how you feel.

My heart goes out to you, you have had more then your fair share of pain huh!

I wish you better health and lots of happiness.
    TAKE CARE, TAMMY
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Welcome. This humid weather won;t be hel;ping any.

Love Anne C
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

It sounds like you've been through a lot and are no stranger to pain. I'm glad you've had some success with surgery though sorry you have so many ongoing, chronic issues to contend with.

You've come to the right place for information, support, encouragement & friendship. Welcome!

I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2006]