NEW TO GROUP

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by blufairie, Sep 13, 2010.

1. blufairie

blufairie New Member

I HAVE BATTLED DEPRESSION FOR SO MANY YEARS THAT I HAVE LOST COUNT,AND AM HOPING THAT BY SHARING SOME SUPPORT WITH OTHERS LIKE ME WILL GIVE ME SOME MUCH NEEDED HOPE AND WILL TO SURVIVE.I RECENTLY FOUND MY FATHER PASSED AWAY IN HIS BED AND ON TOP OF THE DEPRESSION THAT HAS ADDED SOME MAJOR GUILT AND SOME EXTREME TRAUMA THAT I DID NOT NEED,AS I LOST MY AUNT AND UNCLE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO,AND I WAS VERY CLOSE TO MY AUNT. I LOST MY MUM IN 1984 AT THE AGE OF 30 SHE WAS 65,BUT I FEEL I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME WITH HER AND TIME TO SAY ALL I HAD TO SAY SINCE SHE WAS GONE WITHIN DAYS!NOW MY DEAR BROTHER IS HAVING RADIATION FOR PROSTATE CANCER,WHICH THANK GOD WAS CAUGHT SOON!I FEEL AS IF I AM BEING LEFT WITH NO FAMILY WHICH TO SPEAK(ALTHOUGH I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUBBY AND A FANTASTIC SON AND DAUGHTER AND A BEAUTIFUL GRANDSON WHO IS ALMOST 4,BUT I CAN'T SHARE MY DEPRESSION OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THEM SINCE MY HUSBAND JUST DOES NOT UNDERSTAND DEPRESSION,AND I DON'T WANT TO BOMBARD MY KIDS WITH WHINING AS THEY HAVE THEIR OWN AGENDAS AND LIFES TO LIVE!I HAVE SPENT SOME TIME IN A HOSPITAL MENTAL HEALTH WARD AFTER A SUICIDE ATTEMPT(MY 3)AND SEEM TO HAVE TRIED EVERY MEDS UNDER THE SUN!NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK FOR LONG.I AM STARTING A GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP IN NOV.WHICH I THINK I NEED VERY BADLY.WELL I WILL NOT WHINE TO YOU ANY LONGER,JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU SOME INFO.~~~~~TAKE CARE ALL AND BLESS YOU(((((((((HUGS)))))))BLUFAIRIE
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Why are you waiting until November to start participating in a grief support group--go now as you need the help right now and waiting doesn't make the grief any better. Also contact your local mental health society or speak with your therapist/psychiatrist and find a local depression support group and start attending right away. While speaking with the local mental health society ask if there are any local help lines that you can call and speak to a live person when you are struggling. Here they have a non-suicide line that is called a "Warm Line", then they have the "Suicide Hotline."

If you have not discussed all of this with your therapist/psychiatrist, it is time to do so. If you have not seen your therapist/psychiatrist in a long time, it is time to get back and start going to appointments again because you need that professional help. Some of us have depression for most of our lives and it is not whining to reach out and ask for help. Take care and start reaching out. Hugs.