New to Here

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by 1970Nettie, Mar 24, 2010.

1. 1970Nettie

1970Nettie New Member

I feel like I am on a merry go round ride that won't stop! I have been diagnosed with EBV and it is now called Chronic Mono I am told. I am questioning whether it is CFS but I am again told that it is hard to determine. While reading the criteria on this site I realized that I have a good lot of the symptoms stated in the criteria. Can anyone please tell me if this is curable as I am so tired and depressed that I feel overwhelmed! I have the sore throats, the sweats, hyperthyroidism, low tolerance to most everything, and myalgia (aching). I just sleep and sleep and yet I feel jittery. I do have a HX of Major Depressive Disorder Recurrent but there is more going on than that. I also have a HX 2 valve replacement surgeries with another valve closing. Can anyone make some sense about why I continue to have Chronic Mono?

Thanks so much!
  2. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Unfortunately, I do not have any answers, as my issue is more fibromyalgia than any of the other things that you mentioned.

However, I just wanted to welcome you and to tell you that you will most likely be able to find a lot of information here. As well as people who are more than willing to listen and to offer support.

Hop on over (sorry, couldn't resist.....Easter is just around the corner!!) to the chit-chat board. You will find that it is a friendly place where we discuss a whole spectrum of things....even if it's just to tell each other how cruddy we feel and what a lousy day we're having.

And, scope out some of the other boards. You never know where you might find the information you need!
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I was reading your post and I think you posted on the general Health Board when you may have wanted to post on the ME/Chronic Fatigue Board. I believe sometimes we are tired, not feeling well and it's easy to post on other board. Give the ME/Chronic Fatigue Board a try and there are many good people there with lots of resource info. Good luck and hugs.