New to Lunesta...still awake at 2am...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by goaska29, Oct 30, 2005.

1. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

So the doc at the FFC recommended I take Lunesta instead of the klonopin I have been taking for sleep. I took the 2mg pill at 11pm and I'm still wide awake at 2am. Anyone else have this problem with lunesta before?

-GoAskAlice
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

It doesn't work well like you've mentioned and leaves an awful taste in my mouth. UGH! Think it doesn't live up to it's ads.

Agree with you. Threw mine out.

Thinking about trying Ambien CR, the new time-released pill. Might check it out, Alice.

Sue
  3. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I was given it for sleep, and I fell asleep but woke up exactly like you did, GoAskAlice, a few hours later. Then I ended up taking another one. Finally I gave up and just stopped taking them altogether since they weren't really working anyway. When I did, for the first couple of days, I got a pain in my stomach that reminded me of the withdrawal that I had been through all too many times before, and I knew then that I wanted nothing to do with the stupid drug.

Of course, if it works for you great. One thing I've learned on this site, in spite of my harsh words, is that we are all so very different. Some drugs work beautifully for some of us and just don't do a thing and are even harmful for others.
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

I hav 3 mg tablets and was taking 1/2 at bedtime and would wake in 2 hrs and then take the other half.

This went on for some time and now I just take the 1/2 tablet and dont wake up for at least 5 hrs wich is better than the no sleep before.

CURE for BAD TASTE is to take Spry Lemon mint candy after the lunesta. Its made with an all natural no sugar sweetener Xylitol and is good for oral hygene. Spry does make it in other flavors too.
  5. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Never noticed a bad taste. The only thing I noticed that had that was xanax...tastes awful!
    I think I'm going back to my klonopin tonight.
  6. lee1968

lee1968 New Member

I also did not have good results with lunesta I was also wide awake for hours after taking it . I started taking ambien cr and that has worked pretty well for me.
  7. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Lunesta works for me. I take 3mg. nightly. I tried the 2 mg. first and it didn't help as much.

When I tried ambien, I had the same result you had with lunesta.

I think we are all wired differently and what works for some doesn't for others.

I hope you get some relief soon and get peaceful sleep.
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've started taking 3mg Melatonin, a half strong pain killer and ZMA from the shop here and I'm sleeping better than I have in years.

I think the Melatonin has made all the difference.

love
    Rosie
  9. Martingray

Martingray New Member

Rosie,

If Melatonin works well for you, you may want to consider Rozerem. Rozerem is somewhat similar to Melatonin in that it works on the sleep control center in the brain and not the GABA receptors. Rozerem does require a script but it is not a controlled substance and any doctor should be willing to prescribe it because there are no addiction problems.

Rozerem was designed more for sleep latency problems rather than sleep maintenance and I doubt that it would work well if you have early awakenings and are unable to return to sleep.