New to me and to all a heartfelt "Hello"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IowaMorningGlory, Nov 15, 2006.

1. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Just wanted to say "Hello" to all. From other postings it seems this chit chat board was missed. I am hoping to enjoy, and so far the jokes have been great. :)

Talk to everyone later.
    Take care and Kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

it's nice to have an official place for chit chat. As Llama said, if we don't get away from our DDs now and then we'll go batty.

Last time I was back in the Mid west I went to the Noric fest in Decorah. Vell, I vas born der many years ago. Yeah, you betcha.
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Laurie

It is new to me too but hoping to find my place in this chit chat!

Thanks for the hugs, much appreciated!

hugs back Redwillow
  4. IowaMorningGlory

Yes, I only live about 1/2 hr from Decorah and you are one up on me. I haven't been to a Nordic Fest yet. All the family but me.

I guess I will have to get there, everyone is always telling me how great it is.

Nice to meet you. So I take you are maybe Norweigen then? I know quite a few from the area. My husband managed a motel in Decorah for quite awhile and my step-daughter grew up there until she was 10. Oh! and ya know they have the walmart there!

Take care and Kitten Hugs,
    Blessed Be,
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Can't remember when Nordic Fest is. July or August, I guess.

The main building of the Versterheim (Western Home) museum was originally a luxury hotel built in l876, the same year as Custer's Last Stand and the James-Younger bank robbery

in Northfield, Minnesota. The intrepid pioneers in Northfield shot the gang to pieces. One of the posse members who captured the fleeing Younger brothers was still alive when I was young.

So you see, history is just around the corner.
  6. IowaMorningGlory

Wow I learned something today, and that is pretty amazing lately.

I read your profile where you talk about prickles and the tv static. Finally a therapy I can afford. I am going to start this today.

I am glad you have that on your profile, and glad it helps.

Oh and thanks for the history, very interesting to know all that was so close. I will have to show my husband he is a great history buff.

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,