New to Message Board But Not to Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrodan, Apr 24, 2003.

1. fibrodan

fibrodan New Member

Hello, everyone. This is my first time posting. It's been a long time since I belonged to a message board.

I'm a 34-yr old mother two, married, government employee. I developed fibro when my son was 18-months. Now he's 9, and our daughter is 2. My daughter weighes 48lbs. She's twice the size of most 2-year olds, and she is killing my back. I love holding her, and she's the sweetest little girl, but my God, my back is killing me. However, I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Today is my first day on Oxycontin. My doctor switched me from vicodin because I was taking 6-8 per day. The Oxycontin is great! I can acutally work for 4 hours before spiraling into an abyss of pain, instead of the usual two hours. Unfortunately, I work 8-9 hours a day, and must travel 120 miles to and from work every other day. The driving is doing me in.

I live in Santa Maria, California. Any other Central Coast Californians here? Well, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'd love to hear from others.

Good day-

Fibrodan
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Just wanted to say welcome, I am a little ways from California, I live in Rhode Island. You have your hands full and such a long drive to work, any possibility of finding something closer? Fondly, June
  3. fibrodan

fibrodan New Member

Hi, intunejune. It's nice to meet you. How's the weather in Rhode Island?

I can't find a job that pays this much anywhere else. I'm the main provider in my family. I'm being told that I won't have to travel back and forth as much when they hire someone to work in our Santa Barbara Office. However, that was 6-months ago, and I'm still waiting.

Take care-

fibrodan