New To Message Board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kay36, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Kay36

Kay36 New Member

Hi,
    I'm new here to the message board. I was finally diagnoised with FM & CFS about 1 year ago. I'm 36 years old and have 2 teenagers. I'm in a flare up right now. Sore throat and body aches. My sleep schedule is a mess. And know matter how long I sleep I wake up exhausted. My daughter just started back to school after summer break and came home with a cold. I just panic about catching it because it just sets me back even farther. I feel guilty for feeling that way. When all I really would like to do is bring her chicken noodle soup and jello like my mom used to do for me. Well I look foward to being a part of this group. Sometimes it gets so lonely trying to through this.
    Hugs,
    Kay
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Welcome to the board!

Caring for my family was very important to me too back before I became so disabled. On a few of my better days last year, I was able to load the dishwasher, which I thought of as a privilage and an act of love. I used to cook for them every day.

When I got to be very sick in 2002 and could no longer serve my family that way... well, I was very surprised that they did pretty well anyhow. lol My brothers are feeding themselves okay, my dad takes care of money things and does the dishes and laundry and shopping. I express my love for them now by hugging and listening, rather than 'slaving over a hot stove all day.' ;)

You will get a lot of love and support here on the message boards, and people who will listen. I've found that whatever I'm going through, someone always has something to help. You will never have to be alone in this. I look forward to reading your messages!
    ((love)) Shannon
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You're right. W/ these DDs (damned diseases) we generally haven't the energy required to maintain friendships. That's why this board is a good place to visit.

Lots of helpful people here.
  4. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Welcome to the board!

You are not alone,
    Kat
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad you found us. As you can see, there are lots of caring people here. Hopefully, you will find some good info here that wll help you start to feel better.

Take Care
    Kathy
  6. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

Hello,

I am new also and your right Kay, it really feels good finding a group that understands. This DD can cause isolation, not because we mean for it too, but because it takes too much energy to maintain the friendships we all need.

I'm sure that your trying to concerve most of your energy for those precious teens! With this group we can share our experiences as they truly are, (as oppose to the "happy face" we present to the rest of the world)

I am personally relieved and excited to be here! Welcome
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I saw that your post and wanted to welcome you to the board.

Guilt is something a lot of us deal with...I know I do. I want to be the mother, the daughter, the wife, the friend that I was before. We are all having to learn to adjust but it is hard.

I hope the board helps you as much as it has helped me. I was so alone and if it is not happening to you, it's hard for others to understand.

I hope you and your daughter feel better soon.
  8. simplicity

simplicity New Member

I'm new to posting here too...did my first post today. I've been reading the board and visiting chat here for quite awhile though. You have come to a great place...the people r super warm and supportive. You don't have to be lonely anymore! Please come to chat too. Nice to meet u and again welcome.

Hugs,
    Simplicity
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Nice to meet you! Welcome to the Board!!............................Hope you Have a good Dr. to go to for your DD! .................................................Hugs......Sydney
  10. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Kay:

Welcome. I am sure you will find lots of interesting info and people on this board.

I noticed you mention that you scrapbook...so do I. I am a bit of an old fashioned scrapbooker...no puffy pages for me. I love it, and have been doing it for about 10 years.

Well, I am sure that you will enjoy being part of this board.

Ingrid
  11. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Welcome to this board...I hope that you will enjoy as much as I have...a lot a very imformative people here to help you along the road..much support that is hard to find any where else..

Glad you are here
    Tami
  12. MsJazz

MsJazz New Member

Hello, I just joined & I've been looking thru the message boards. I was surfing the net looking for some kind of support group for Fibromyalgia. I hope this might be the place. I'm in alot of pain & I was crying a river befor I found this site. My depression is really bad today. My pain scale is 8 to 10 every day of my life. I have a chronic condition of fibromyalgia and chostochondritus. Plus a dozen other health problems. I've had both for 8 years now. I'm self educated on all my health problems. Plus I have some good Doctors. I just don't have anyone to talk to when I get real depressed. Or when the pain is so bad I wanna scream. I know what it is to be lonely & I know what it's like when no one wants to understand what you're going thru. I hope we can help each other. Looking forward to getting to know some of you. MsJazz
  13. Kay36

Kay36 New Member

Thanks for All the welcomes! It comes in a great time of need. I feel so much better knowing that I have people who understand this DD and who I can talk to and relate with. Though I wish none of us were going through this.

I believe I have had this DD for quite awhile. I finally found a doctor that could help me. Thank you again for all the Sweet Welcoming responses. I was really nervous about posting at first. But you all put those fears to rest right away.

Hugs,
    Kay
  14. Kay36

Kay36 New Member

Shannon,

Thanks for the advice on the family matters I guess I never thought of it that way. Being there for them is the most important thing. Thanks for the insight. I needed that!

Hugs,
    Kay
  15. kriket

kriket New Member

I AM GLAD THAT YOU CHOSE TO BE A PART OF THIS HUGE SUPPORT GROUP. THE MORE THE PEOPLE THE MORE THE SUPPORT!!!! WECOME!!!

KRIKET
  16. Kay36

Kay36 New Member

Ingrid,

I love scrapbooking. I have only been doing it for about a year. My friend introduced it to me. I haven't been doing it as much these last couple of weeks because of having a flare up. It makes me feel like I'm contributing to family when I do it. And I get to capture those precious times when I'm feeling well enough to have friends over or celebrate a special occasion. When I'm sick I like to look through them and it cheers me up.

Hugs,
    Kay
  17. Kay36

Kay36 New Member

Thanks Desertsage,

I have a son that is 15 and a daughter that is 13. Its the opposite with them. My son I think is more understanding then my daughter.

Right now it is even harder because my husband broke his back on the job almost 2 years ago and has been out of work. So I have been working and staying out of town four days a week. So when I'm home I'm so wiped out.

Hugs,
    Kay36